Three

Laurent had not notified his daughter of the Don's final decision. The decision where Ivanov was literally coming to retrieve her.

He wasn't willing to set up a meeting between the two until he knew he was getting something out of it. If they didn't talk he couldn't come get her.

Little did he know, as he dodged Dominik's calls, the boss was making his own plans to retrieve his fiancé.

Salina pouted around as everyone in her home avoided her. Pressing her palms to her fathers desk, they glared at one another.

Her cousin, Drake, sat in the chair behind her and rubbed his face worriedly.

"What aren't you telling me? There's been zero updates from the Don?" This is her life here. She deserved to know what was happening.

"No, ma fille. No updates, maybe he's found a new interest. There's been many talks of the women offering themselves up to him. He's a busy man after all."

my girl

For whatever reason, this made Salina more annoyed. And a tiny bit jealous. A new interest? What the hell is that supposed to mean? He's going to send her this necklace, claim her for everyone in the mafia world to see, and then find a new freaking interest? What the hell is that?

"I don't believe you," Salina leaned forward to hiss. Her nails bit into the wood of the desk.

Laurent looked down at her tight hands. "Now, Selly... let's calm down please."

"Don't tell me to calm down!" She stomped. Behind her, Drake flinched a bit.

"This is my life you're bartering off here. I have a right to know."

"If he wanted you to know anything don't you think he'd make you aware of it," Laurent suddenly barked. Salina reared her head back as his volume raised, slowly she rolled her neck as she closed her eyes. Scowling, she looked back at him.

"If I find out you're hiding something-"

"What are you going to do, Salina?" Laurent scoffed as he became fed up with her attitude.

Drake wiped his brow, motioning for him to shut the fuck up behind her.

They always did this. They always got under each other's skin.

"We'll have to wait and see," Salina turned to storm off through the door.

"That one's going to bite you in the ass," Drake shook his head at his uncle. He stood up and followed after her.

"Hey," his french accent was much thicker than her own as he wrapped his arm around her to slow her down.

"Get your hands off me," Salina swiped at his torso. "You are one of the only ones he listens to at this point. But do you try and talk him out of this? No! Do you come to me and tell me what's happening? No," she hissed up at her cousin. The same cousin that she'd grown up alongside. They were close, but none of it mattered anymore. Once he'd gotten involved in the business he made his priorities clear.

Just like everyone else.

Drake shook his head at her, "Selly this is how things are. You know this. It's best to just endure, you know we have your best interest in mind. It'll be good."

Her tongue weighed heavy with every word she wished to spit at him, but she kept quiet. She bit her lip so hard it bled but the pain was welcomed to keep her mouth shut. With a heated glare, she poked her tongue into her cheek and pushed away from him.

Salina, in her anger, grabbed her things. She paced around, wondering where she could go to take a minute from this all. The guards had moved all of the breakable things away in her path to her bedroom.