Four

On the way there, Salina was silent. Considering when she asked her last question, she didn't even get an answer.

She hated not knowing.

Salina felt as if she'd gone into shock. Her emotions were all over the place as Dominik drove beside her. He would glance to probably assess where she was at but if he asked her right now she wouldn't have an answer.

She sat next to a complete stranger. A deadly stranger, that was all she knew about him for a fact. She was sitting next to her fiancé. Apparently.

Honestly, besides that she was busy thinking about Gabriel and Fern. They'd been working for him this entire time, they'd been with her for longer than she'd known about the arrangement.

How long has he been planning this? More importantly, how long has he been watching her?

That's when she looked at his profile, his handsome face eerily calm as he pulled up to her fathers home as if he owned the place.

To be honest, Salina wouldn't be surprised to find out he did.

"Don't open the door-"

Her mouth opened to protest but he'd already walked out.

Her fathers security had run up at the foreign car that'd been able to miraculously open their gate and bypass their security system- but the guns they aimed lowered immediately.

Dominik openly sneered at them, turning his back as Gabriel and Fern pulled up behind them.

The sneer on his face fell away as he opened Salina's door and helped her out.

"Here's what's going to happen," he murmured to her as he pulled her in close by her waist. Their warmth collided, her hands instinctively pressing to his chest.

"Hey-" she gasped but he only continued talking over her while pressing their chests together. His calloused hands slid up her upper arms and one smoothed down to the small of her back. The other toyed with the thin strap of her delicate dress.

"I'm going to walk in there and point my gun at your father. None of the security is going to do anything because they're perfectly aware of who is actually in charge here, hm?" He walked her through what was about to happen. All the while, caressing his thumb over her hip and trailing his fingers up to her jaw. A slight, arrogant quirk of his lips went unnoticed by her as everyone watched them.

"I need you to stay calm, yeah?" Dominik brushed his nose over the shell of her ear almost lovingly. It was intimate, her face heated up. Instinctively, she flinched away a bit. But she barely got away as he held her in place.

His hand came up to cup the side of her face, brushing high over her cheekbone. Salina wondered if this was a show for the guards around them, an outsider looking in would say the two were in love with how delicately he held her.

"I won't kill him unless I have to. If you give me a hard time- I'll be more inclined to." He pulled away to nod down at her. Thumbing at her chin, he nodded her head along with him as he looked amused.

Salina closed her eyes to steady her heart rate, nodding back at him. There was no avoiding this, either way Dominik got what he wanted.

Grinning down at her, he guided her inside the house as if it was his own with a possessive arm around her slender shoulders.

Her fathers men opened the door for him.

Dangerous chuckled rumbled from Dominik's chest.

"What the hell is all the ruckus-?!" Laurent's thick voice called as he stormed down the steps. He had stopped himself from speaking or even moving at the sight of the devil on his own. With Salina in his grasp.