Nine

Dominik watched Salina move around the room. She wanted his help again in her room where she was trying to use the pottery wheel.

"Do you even know how to do any of this?" he grunted as he fixed the pedal. Salina sat atop the coffee table besides where his body laid on the ground. She kelt and peered down at him. "Of course I know how to do it. I just haven't made anything in a while."

Dominik grunted and peaked his head out to get a look at her. She'd been normal since she talked with her father last week, but hadn't gone into detail about any of the conversation. But judging by the radio silence from Laurent, he supposes she handled it her own way rather than Dominik's way.

Salina rest her chin on her hand, thinking back to when her father practically begged for her to get in Dominik's ear or even threaten to leave back to Laurent's house to further convince him. When Salina didn't give him the response he desired, Drake tried to persuade her that she was obligated to help the family. Needless to say, it didn't go how they planned when Salina instructed Gabriel to walk them out.

"It's not like you have anything more exciting to do anyway," Salina taunted.

Finishing up what he was doing, dragging himself out from under the contraption to look at her with a raised brow. He stayed on his back, only pushing himself up on his elbows. "Is that so?"

Salina nodded, "I mean really, I thought a mafia Don would do a lot more than paperwork."

Scoffing quietly, Dominik rolled his neck slowly. Salina swallowed hard as she watched, he'd taken off his button up and now was just in a white tank so his body was hers to look at. Similarly to before they'd go to bed, Salina couldn't take her eyes off his arms and shoulders. The dark ink on his skin didn't hinder her view of his muscular figure. Nibbling on her bottom lip, she felt the silence go on a second too long and glanced up to see Dominik smirking at her before standing up.

He wasted no time idling in front of her, running his calloused hands up her calves and drawing them down so he could step between them. Salina's breath hitched, pressing her palms down against the desk to steady herself as he tugged her butt to the edge.

"Would you like to be the boss, is that it?" Dominik asked quietly, his low voice rasping temptingly.

Grazing her tongue over her teeth, Dominik watched the movement with the upmost focus. "I would but you never tell me about anything going on."

Dominik rolled his eyes, "It's been two weeks since we've been married, солнышко. Is it so hard for you to believe that maybe I want you to relax?" Without a second of hesitation she waved three fingers in his face.

little sun

"Three weeks, Ivanov. And yes it is hard to believe considering when you first 'proposed' you presented this as a business deal essentially. It was really romantic," Salina rolled her eyes as she used her fingers as air quotes. Dominik grunted with a sneer, patting her exposed thigh in annoyance. His wife yelped at the minor spank and looked at him like he was insane.

"As much as I find your attitude amusing, have you ever wondered if I've only shown you the boring parts of being in charge on purpose? For the most part at least."

Salina huffed but quickly held her breath as he held her thigh, Dominik had been odd these last few days. His stares were lasting longer, which were long to begin with, and his hands had a mind of their own. Salina was reluctant to admit that she was bathing in the attention, she hasn't even admitted it to herself yet. Under normal circumstances where someone married her because they loved her, this is what she imagined them to act like.