Fourteen

Salina examined a dress in her grasp, behind her in the high end store was Lev also looking at dresses with her. Gabe stood at the entrance and Fern watched the exit. "What about this one?" he held up a soft pink dress that was floor length. He could tell by her immediate frown that it was a hard no.

Lev snorted and nodded, "I don't know how you manage with so many options." Salina smiled a bit in thought, narrowing down her top three options. "It's easy once you figure out what you like and what flatters your body best."

"I've heard some ladies have a harder time picking something when they go out with their friends," he stood besides her with his arms crossed to look at the dresses she was torn between.

"I've never had that problem," Salina snorted. Lev chuckled and nodded, "Yes you seem very decisive."

Salina's eyes widened at the observation, "Really? I just meant I didn't shop with any friends when I went out."

"Not ever? What did you do with them then?"

Salina pressed her lips together and turned to look at another dress, putting one back she decided she didn't like anymore. Lev took the silence as a firm answer before changing the subject.

"I'm surprised you didn't want to meet Angelo while he meets with Dominik about the gala." Angelo called Dominik last week, insisting that if anyone was going to throw a celebration on his marriage it would be him. Hence why Salina had to get a new dress.

"To be honest, every other time I've met someone that keeps Domo's company it doesn't go well. If I'm going to meet him I'm going to do it with witnesses around."

Lev nodded in understanding, "Probably for the best. Those boys together can get... rowdy. They've always been like that."

Salina snorted, "I'm just glad he has friends other than me. I thought at the beginning of this he'd be all broody and isolating." Her voice was soft and her tone was fond as she thought about Dominik dealing with Angelo-who he was complaining about since he couldn't come with her dress shopping. It was already a hassle enough convincing him that she absolutely needed to go right at that second and Lev as well as Gabe and Fern were more than capable at keeping her safe.

It was honestly weird being away from Dominik though, it's been three months since they got married and she hasn't once been farther from him than opposite ends of the house.

"Did you always want to work for the Ivanov's?" Salina asked when she finally decided on an emerald green, floor length gown. It would brighten her brown skin and the off the shoulder straps would compliment her figure. Lev hummed, shaking his head. "Honestly? Not really, I was taken under the wing of Andrei- Dominik's father- when I was pretty young.It's just how things went for me, I wouldn't change anything really. I have more money than I'd ever know what to do with. I've gone amazing places, built a name for myself through this entire career."

Salina's brows furrowed before he finished, "I never got the time to have a family of my own, ya know? I was busy watching over everyone else's. I lost track of time."

Humming quietly, Salina nodded in understanding. She could imagine that happens a lot in this business. At least to the men not expected to make an heir, she supposes she doesn't have to worry about not having children one day since Dominik is practically required to. "I never really had a plan for my future," Salina whispered as if it was a secret.

Lev looked at her surprised, "Nothing?"

The woman brought the dress to the cashier, nodding her head at her companion. "I didn't ever really excel at anything. I knew my chances of being arranged were high. It never felt like it was my right to make a plan."

Me & The Devilजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें