Chapter 22 - Car Pursuit

Aurora's PoV

Does Svetlana like me? I thought she wanted me as a friend, but she 'liked' me for a different reason. But how? We just met. But this woman said that why should it take anyone months or years to like someone?

"Aurora, someone has been following us since we left the diner. I'm sorry, but do you know how to handle a bike?"

I shake my head no. Wait- there's someone following us? Are we in trouble?

"What about a car? Do you know how to drive one?"

I nodded.

"I just got my license. Why? What's wrong?"

Svetlana smiled before he went to a car near us and tried to open the door. Knowing it was locked, she took a pen before stabbing the keyhole. I was unsure what she was doing, but the door suddenly opened and told me to enter the driver's seat.

"Wait! We're stealing a car?!"

Svetlana smiled and said,

"Volin will compensate the owner. Now get inside and drive back to the university."

Svetlana, please close the door before she walks to the passenger seat. She looked around before getting inside and told me to drive. My hands are shaking while holding the steering wheel. What is going on?!

"Relax, beautiful. Nothing will happen to you. The reason why I asked you to drive is so I could take care of the annoying things outside. I couldn't let you ride the bike because your back will be exposed to whoever follows us. This is the safest way for us to travel."

I see- well- yes. What am I saying?! I was about to stop the car because the lights were yellow when Svetlana pushed on my thigh, telling me to continue to drive. I just got my license! What if this will affect my-

"Oh my God!"

There's a black SUV beside us. The person in the passenger seat was aiming their guns at us. What should we do?! We don't even have any-

"Don't worry."

Svetlana was assuring enough, but what can those words do?! The moment they pull the trigger, my head will explode to tiny bits.

"Keep it steady."

Wait- where did the gun come from?!

"I'm sorry for this behavior of mine. I promise I'm a good girlfriend."

With a smile, Svetlana quickly removed the sunroof and stood up from her seat before starting to shoot at the black SUV. I was speechless when the back SUV beside us suddenly flipped before it exploded by the side of the road.

Svetlana came back inside, reloading her gun.

"You okay? You look pale."

Svetlana chuckled as she patted my shoulder. I should focused on the road, but I saw another black SUV coming our way.

"There's another one coming our way!"

Svetlana looks back before sighing hard.

"They ever learn. Change of plan- do you remember the way to the Vladimir's?"

I nodded.

"Good. Drive there."

Svetlana got her phone out and made some calls. She told whoever was on the other line that we were being chased, and she had no more bullets. When she hung up, she got to the sunroof again and started shooting.

"Damn it!"

Svetlana got back inside before throwing her bulletless gun at the back seat.

"I got hit."