Chapter 3 - Mom & Dad

Aurora's PoV

I followed Lady Diana through the cemetery as she led me to where my parents were buried. And when we arrived, my mind went numb. Should I be sad, or should I act normal? Sure, I finally get to meet my parents, but embracing them and the legacy they had left for me would mean I have a massive target on my back.

Will I be able to bring back the family's glory back again? Am I good enough to use once a great surname? I have known Aurora for all my life. So, am I ready to face the world as the surviving Larove?

"How do you feel?"

Lady Diana asked me when I said nothing as I stared at my parent's gravestone.

"I feel okay. Maybe because I have never known them as I grew up. I don't feel anything."

Lady Diana suddenly placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Well, Fred, Mel- as promised, I brought your daughter to see you. I'm sorry it took so long."

I can feel that Lady Diana was hurt when my parents died. Just how close are they?

"Lady Diana, how old were you when you met my parents?"

Lady Diana thinks for a moment before smiling at no one in particular.

"I was five when I met your mother. Our parents force us to play with each other. We had no choice but to pretend like we had fun together. From that moment, we have been friends until I met your father when I was sixteen. Both me and your mother went to a boarding school abroad. We inseparable."

I see- so they were childhood friends.

"But as we age, we have adult things to care for. We didn't hang out that much, but we always met once a month. Suppose we're both in the same country at the time. Our work required us to travel a lot."

I see.

"I remember when you were born. Your parents were so happy, and they couldn't even wait to introduce you to me. At the time, I just gave birth to Blanca, too. So basically, you two are childhood friends as well. Well, briefly."

Oh- so Blanca and I met when we were just newborns? Wow. Speaking of Blanca, after completing her last night, I couldn't sleep thinking about her. I don't understand why, but whenever I closed my eyes, I saw her smiling at me. God- what is happening to me? Am I going crazy?

"Should we go shopping after this? You need new things for the university, correct? We can even ask Blanca if she wants to come with us."

Huh? Wait- I don't think I'm ready to see her. And Lady Diana called her daughter.

"Blanca will be meeting us at the mall. Now, we should say our goodbyes."

Mom, Dad, if you're listening now- tell me how I should act in front of Blanca. Because, to be honest, I would make a fool of myself.

Later that day,

I watched as Blanca and her mother looked through the lingerie section. I was done shopping when Blanca said she needed a new pair of bras and innerwear.

Blanca looks at me occasionally while showing me if she should get a bright red bra or a rather dull black one. I don't know what came over me when I pointed at the red instead of the black one. Even I don't know how to explain myself.

Blanca decided to buy the red one before she went to look for some innerwear.

"Blanca, you need to find the things you need. We need to go to the bookstore next."

Blanca chose a few inner items before she went to the counter. After that, we all went to the bookstore. Ah- the oh-so-familiar smell of books and stationery. God, I missed this. I used to work at a bookstore, and I enjoyed every second of it.