Chapter 5 - Overly Protective? Me?!

Blanca's PoV

I stood in the middle of my mother's underground garage and wondered which one of her vehicles I should drive today. Should I be subtle or go all out? Then again, it doesn't mean anything since my mother likes to spend her dough, and I don't think we have any subtle vehicle on the list.

"Miss Blanca? Is there anything I can help you with?"

I turned to the driver and asked,

"What's the most subtle car my mother has?"

The driver was surprised.

"I have to say the only car that fits your needs is the G-wagon."

A Mercedes? Is that subtle enough?

"Miss Blanca, why do you need to be subtle? I have been working for you since you were born. And I don't think I ever seen you being subtle."

Then I gave the driver a look.

"Uncle Terrence! You're not helping."

The driver chuckled before he handed me the keys.

"Here you go, Miss Blanca. Don't drink and drive. Wait, it's your orientation week. It would be best if you didn't drink any alcohol this week. The madam would go ballistic if she knew you're drinking when you're supposed to study."

I placed my hand on Terence's shoulder.

"Old man, you sound like a grandpa. I'll behave, don't worry. See you."

I waved my hands at Terrence before getting into the vehicle. When I arrived at the university, I saw a group of my friends by the parking lot, talking to each other. I parked my car before joining them and went to the main building. As the seniors led us to the indoor gymnasium, I wondered if Aurora was around. But so far, I haven't seen her anywhere.

I hope she makes some friends so she won't be by herself. I know I shouldn't be worried about a grown woman, but hey, I can't help it.

"Blanca Vladimir- what an honor to see a member of the Vladimir family join his this year. I am Dean Summers."

Is the dean greeting me herself? Did this woman do something to offend my mother, or is she trying to kiss up my ass for my mother's attention? Either way, this woman is attracting a lot of attention towards me.

"Nice meeting you, Dean Summers."

Wait, Summers- this woman is from the Summers family, who owns the largest winery in the country. The dean is from old money lineage that goes way back, even before my family made it big. I see- I smiled at the dead before finding a seat.

Now that I'm here, I noticed a lot of familiar faces from when I followed my mother to a summit last year. The students that attend here are no joke.

"Blanca, are you looking for someone?"

I nodded.

"I'm looking for a friend. My mother asked me to watch her, but I don't see her anywhere."

I continue to look for Aurora. When I turned back, I saw her entering the gym with someone. Wait, that person- isn't that Felicity Voltaria?! Aurora must have been clueless about who that woman standing next to her is!

"Who is that girl next kiss, Voltaria?"

"That's the friend I'm looking for earlier."

My friends turned their attention to Aurora.

"She's beautiful. But it doesn't seem like she's one of us. I mean, her clothes are way too plain."

Really? I don't see why the things she wears are an issue. Aurora is beautiful even when she's wearing that plain clothes of hers.