Chapter 23 - Aftermath

Blanca's PoV

I couldn't sleep a wink last night because of what happened to Aurora. If Svetlana weren't as skilled as she is, Aurora would probably be dead by now. The thought of losing her made my skin crawl. Who would hire a group of assassins to get rid of Aurora?

Is it the Carmichael? Or perhaps the Garcia? But how would they know who Aurora is? Or-

"Blanca, are you listening to me? You've been staring at that cup of tea now."

I look up to Svetlana, crossing her hands, looking at me with annoyed looks. That was when I noticed that she was hurt.

"No- I wasn't listening. I'm still confused as to what just happened. Does Carmichael know who Aurora is? I thought we kept the secret well hidden. Is there a mole working for us?"

Svetlana sighed.

"It's not the Carmichael."

It's not?

"It's the Moore family."

The Moore family? Seriously? They hired assassins because they want to get at me? For what? For ruining Stanley's future? But that man started it! It was him!

"You have to calm down. Nothing good ever happens if we let emotion take over our actions. Calm down. There's a better way to get back at the Moores'."

For once, Svetlana said something intelligent. Of course, there's a better way to return to the Moore. If we continue to use violence, then they won't learn from their mistake.

"The eldest daughter of the Moore family is a well-known socialite. She's hosting a tea party that is the talk of the town. She invited all sorts of figures, and she is quite a looker too. There's a rumor circulating that she is not fond of her brothers. Why don't we use her."

Huh- we?

"Don't give me that look. They almost hurt Aurora. I want to get back at them, too."

Odd- Svetlana only cares if that person is essential to her. Don't tell me-

"You like Aurora?"

Svetlana smirked.

"What if I said I do? What will you do?"

I leaned back in my seat before lighting a cigarette.

"Then we have a problem. Because I like her too."

Svetlana laughed while pouring herself a cup of tea.

"Ah- those eyes of yours excite me every time. It's filled with anger and annoyance. Why are you scared? Aurora likes you, too. But that doesn't mean we can't share her, right? It's not like we haven't done it before. Remember Nadine?"

I slammed my hands on the table before pointing my finger at her. Svetlana leans back before smiling eerily at me. This woman is damn serious about this, huh.

"Get your claws off of my Aurora. You're going to manipulate her just like what you did to Nadine. Aurora is innocent. She was raised in an orphanage run by nuns, damn it!"

Svetlana reached out for my hand and said,

"Will you be able to protect her like I do? Tell me, Blanca- can you take care of her? Because from what I see, you couldn't even defeat the demons in your mind."

Her thumb was making a circular motion on my wrist. How did she know I began self-harming again?

"Let me take care of both of you. I was devastated when you decided to break up with me. All I did was gouge the eyes of those who looked at you weirdly. And I was only trying to give that one guy a warning, but my knife was too sharp for his tongue. It was his fault for saying you would look good on his bed. I was only protecting you."

This woman is sick! She has a problem, and even I couldn't help her. She was raised as the heir to Volin. She was exposed to all sorts of poison until his body was utterly immune to them. I'm sure those poisons got into her brain and made her this way. Modesty and humanity don't exist in her mind.

All Svetlana cares about is-

"Hey guys- I've been looking all over for you two."

I smiled when Aurora entered the room and sat at the table with us.

"What can we do for you, beautiful?"

Aurora chuckled as Svetlana began teasing her. When did they become so close? I was busy for the past few weeks, and I had no time to play around. Should I ask for a few days off?

"Blanca? Are you alright?"

I covered my wrist properly before smiling at Aurora.

"Are you blaming yourself again? You shouldn't be. Things happen, and I know Moore needs another wake-up call. When Lady Diana told me it was them who tried to kill me, I knew I needed to do something immediately."

My mother told her it was the Moore family who hired the assassins.

"Should I do something to the Moore? Because I can kill them with a snap of your finger. Or should I burn them alive? That way, everyone would know they're stupid enough to go against us. Either way, I'll kill them all."

Aurora sighed before splashing water at Svetlana. I find it amusing.

"You need to be exorcised. Is there anything else in that mind of yours except for killing another human being?"

Svetlana shrugged her shoulder and smiled.

"Oh, sometimes I'm thinking of taking you out for a date, but someone will give me the eye if I do that."

Of course, I will. I stood up from my seat and made a call to Nicholas. After a brief conversation, I hang up and face both Svetlana and Aurora.

"Arrest the head of the Moore family and bring him to Volin. For the rest of the Moore, put them on house arrest. Aurora and I will go and visit them first thing tomorrow. I asked Nicholas to contact the university and told them what happened. Your lecturer will send all the notes and work you need to do via email."

Svetlana and Aurora were speechless. Why are they looking at me like that?

"And that's why I only follow orders. Even I couldn't think of a way to overcome the matter in minutes."

Aurora nodded her head, agreeing with Svetlana. I waved my hand and told Svetlana to leave before smiling at Aurora immediately.

"If you don't mind, let's go for a ride. It'll get your mind off what just happened."

Aurora took my hand and nodded.

"You're right. Where should we go?"

I smirk before pointing to the sky.

"The helicopter is available. I thought you might want to look at the city's aerial view."

Aurora's eyes widen.

"But-"

I patted her hand as we went towards the helipad.

"It's going to be okay. The experience will be out of this world. And I just got my license a few months ago. It's going to be okay."