Chapter 4 - Leaving For Uni

Aurora's PoV

I was putting the remaining clothes into a suitcase when a group of children walked into my room while carrying something.

"Guys? What's wrong?"

I asked before walking towards them. Jimmy was the first to hug me before handing me something he had made himself.

"Sister Lia said we should do something so you won't forget us. So we each made you something to remind us by."

I smiled before taking each of the gifts that they made themselves. These children are, I believe. Even sister Lia is crying seeing me leaving the orphanage. I thought she was supposed to be the adult here.

"Aurora, I've loaded your suitcases. Oh- I'm sorry. Carry on."

Blanca walked back out when she saw what was happening in my room.

"Pink hair lady, will you care for sister Aurora?"

Blanca hummed as she leaned on the door frame.

"Pink hair lady? My name is Blanca. And yea. We're friends, and friends stick together. Well, if Aurora allows me to."

What are you talking about, Blanca?

"Guys, let's not bother the pink hair lady."

Blanca smiled at me before nodding her head. Is that the sign she was talking about earlier?

"Children, I have a surprise for all of you. Let's gather everyone and go to the dining hall."

The truth is, Lady Diana gave me a credit card, and she said I do whatever I want with the money. So, the first thing I thought of was the kids in the orphanage and how much help the nuns need financially. So, not only did I buy the kids fried chicken and burgers, but I also donated a small sum of my parents' money to the orphanage.

It's the least I can do for those who have accepted me. And the nuns had raised me as if I were their own. No words could describe how happy and grateful I am for their love.

"Hold on- I don't remember buying toys, though. Did the delivery guy mess up?"

Blanca suddenly placed her hand on my shoulder.

"It was me. I thought I would give something to these children, and my mother said kids like new toys. And since they're teenagers, I bought some new stationery and other tools for their study. I even donated some of the books that were in the library of our house. Do you think they will like it?"

Oh wow- I didn't expect that from Blanca.

"Yes, they will- thank you for doing that. They will appreciate it. This is the best day of their life. And I'm happy I managed to keep my promise."

I watched the children enjoy their time while some went through the toys and other gifts that Blanca brought. We played a few games of hide and seek with the children when Blanca reminded me of when I needed to be at the university dorm.

Lady Diana offered a room in her house, but  I had to decline since I didn't want to be a bother. Besides, it's an experience to live in a dorm. Who knows, I might make some new friends.

After saying my goodbyes and crying my eyes, I got into the car before Blanca made fun of me. This girl- can't she read the room?

"I called the dorm manager and told her you would be late. So don't worry."

I see-

"Also, my mom wants me to ask if you want a driving license. If you wish for it, she will arrange it for you."