Chapter 20 - Svet's Confession

Svetlana's PoV

I woke up at three in the morning because I have a nightmare while I was asleep. The dream was about a mission I did back when I was in active war zone. I never thought losing your friends in auch a dreadful warfare would destroy me. Even after countless of therapy, nothing could make me forget the moments where my friends protected me from the enemies.

Wake up, Svetlana. You should focus on your current mission. Protecting the only heir to the Larove is important and the moments the enemies knew of her existence, I was given full reign to do whatever it takes to protect Aurora.

Even my supervisor couldn't grasp the real danger involving Aurora. I have to give Blanca a praise since she's doing her best to build the foundation Aurora need to be on top. And Aurora has been doing all sort of preparation and lessons to be the leader just like her ancestors.

No- the real mvp here is Lady Diana. Without saying anything, she manage to get back almost half of the Larove wealth from those who took advantage of the death of the Aurora's parents. Even my supervisor said lady Diana is a force that even Volin wouldn't want to make an enemy out of.

The Vladimirs are known to be a super welathy family but it is unknown just how influential they are. I've dated Blanca before and I haven't get the full gist of it because lady Diana doesn't talk much. I'm sure even Blanca have no idea how much power her mother has over the government.

"You're up early. Having trouble sleeping?"

Aurora?

"Oh, hi. Yes. I couldn't fall back to sleep after going to the bathroom. Why are you up?"

Aurora sighed before she took a seat on the sofa. The student lounging is complete with everything a student might need. Except for alcohol.

"I didn't get a wink of sleep because I have a few assignments to complete. My head is pounding and I'm hungry. Is there anything to eat?"

I know just the place.

"Get your stuff. We're having breakfast together. Just the two of us."

Aurora got up immediately and went to get her things before we meet at the parking lot.

"I hope you don't mind riding a bike. I don't know how to drive a car."

Aurora took the helmet from my hands and put it on. I smirked before getting on my back and starts the engine. Aurora placed her hands on my shoulder and get on the back seat before hugging my waist as tight as she could.

"Im sorry but I never been in a bike before."

I chuckled.

"Don't worry about it."

I start reviving the engine before begin our journey to a eating place that I know. I've been there before after completing a mission. The food was great and the service was not that bad. And it open 24 hours so it's perfect.

It didn't take us long to get to the eating place. I decided to park the bike in front of the building.

"Wow- I can't believe there's a place open for 24 hours."

Aurora said after removing her helmet.

"Is it okay for you to put the bike here?"

I nodded while placing our helmet carefully on the seat. We get into the diner and order our food. There's a few people in the diner. I don't see anything or anyone that could threatened our safety in here. But for precaution, I place a fountain pen on the table.

"What's the pen for?"

I smiled at Aurora.

"For safety reason."

Aurora looks like she's wants to ask more but she didn't.

"I'm curious. You're protecting me, right? So does it mean you're studying here too?"

I shake my head no.

"I've graduated when I was fifteen. I'm here as your shadow."

Aurora seems surprised.

"Wait, you graduated when you're fifteen? That young?!"

I smirked.

"I'm a genius. I have multiple degrees so if I decided to retire from my current job, I got it covered."

Aurora rolled her eyes.

"I have never seen anyone who praise herself like you do."

I chuckled.

"If I don't praise myself, who will?"

I watched as Aurora's eyes widen when the food finally came. She ordered spaghetti meatballs while I just ordered a simple beef burger with fries. She must be really hungry.

"Say, Aurora- are you free today?"

Aurora shake her head no as she swallow.

"I have morning class. After that I was told to see the lecturer to discuss more about my second degree. Then I have more things to do regarding the family's future. My schedule is pack today. Why?"

I shake my head no.

"I'm just curious. After all I am your bodyguard. I was wondering if you don't mind grab some dinner with me."

Aurora smiled.

"Sure. I'm pretty sure I will not have any time to eat today too. Also, Blanca said she won't be at the university for a few days since she had to travel abroad. Do you know where she goes?"

Blanca?

"I think she went back to Russia. I heard his grandfather is dying."

Aurora was surprised.

"Really? I wonder why Blanca didn't tell me."

Knowing Blanca, she must have thing it's insignificant and she doesn't want Aurora to be worried about her.

"Blanca doesn't like to share anything to anyone. She often kept it to herself. And the moment she felt the pressure, she would often resulted to self harming. That's just how Blanca is."

Aurora seems surprised by what I said. Wait- does she not know that Blanca self harm?

"You didn't know huh?"

Aurora nodded.

"That's news for me. Why would Blanca even-" 

I smiled. I understand why she reacted this way. There were never once a moment she saw Blanca having one of the episode or suddenly breakdown in front of her. Blanca hides it well.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't judge. I should know better than to do so."

I took a bite of my burger before placing it down on the plate.

"Blanca is a special woman. She's strong, independent but fragile. She been through a lot since she was a child. After we broke up, I have to leave for my mission. But I'm glad she found someone like you. Do you like her?"

Aurora was taken aback by my question.

"She's a great friend and has been supportive."

I smiled.

"No I mean do you like her?"

Aurora hummed.

"I think so. I don't know. Like is subjective after all. Maybe I am."

What a weird way to answer my question.

"I like you. And it's not subjective. It's true."