lawsuit truth

Buck hated this. He had to lie to his friends and family. He couldn't see any of them. Athena knew the truth but even she couldn't tell the others. The more people who knew the less believable it would be.

The lawyer that they incountered at the fire training drill was someone that Athena's boss had been trying to get for a while so buck agreed to help catch him.

During the lawsuit everyone had been really mad at buck but they just ignored him. Half of him wished they would actually harm him, force him to clean everything. Just something other then the silence.

Now it was over they had what they needed and Athena had told him to stay home while they told the others. The worst part about it all was not seeing chris. He missed that kid and his dad so much.

He could take them hating him but to just leave chris without an explanation after he promised he wouldn't leave.

Buck felt sick as he waits for the phone to ring or something.

Meanwhile at the firehouse Athena and her boss just arrived and walked up the loft to the others. "Athena" Bobby said surprised to see his wife "what do we owe this visit?" He says and Athena frowns.

"Everyone sit down" she says and everyone does because well it's pretty much mom saying it so they listen.

Her boss starts to speak. "So you are all aware that evan Buckley was suing the department and you all." She Says and Athena wants to smack them all for the way ther faces crinkle with hate at hearing it.

"Well the lawsuit was fake and staged. The lawyer he was using is a criminal who has used multiple identifications to get away from law informant." She said and they all look shocked.

"I asked mr.buckley to play the part so that I could get the evidence I needed. Me and Sargent Athena were aware of it but the more people who knew the more likely for him to see through it. Knowing this I expect he will have his job back, full status no light work" she says and Bobby looks at Athena who crosses her arms.

"Yes of course he will be back on full duty" he said and they nodded

"Good. I need to go now. I will see you at the station" her boss says and Athena nods before she leaves.

Everyone is silent all in their heads before she speaks again. "Eddie let's talk in private" she says and he looked actually scared.

He should be, eddie hurt buck emotionally. That is her child and eddie knows all too well how a parent can be about their kids. He nodded and follows her to Bobby's office.

The others stay where they are glancing at the room but also thinking about how they treated buck.

"You better fix what you did diaz" Athena says and eddie knows he is in trouble when she calls him his last name.

"You will take chris over to see him after school and apologize or so help me" she says but he cuts in confused.

"Why bring chris?" He knew buck missed him but if he was saying sorry he felt like chris shouldn't be there.

"Because buck thinks he will never see that kid again. He thinks that even after we told you the truth you would still hate him" she says and knows because he had told her.

Eddie looked surprised "what? Even if it was real I would have let him see chris after it was over" he says and she softened a little.

"I know that but he hasn't been able to talk to any of you in a few weeks. He gets in his head and once he is there is nearly impossible to get him out so you better get him out" she said and then walked out.