spare parts

Bobby's p.o.v

Lately I've been seeing the way buck looked. Bags under his eyes as if he hasn't slept in weeks and then there was eddie being worried.

I wasn't going to worry about it but then eddie came to me one day.

"Hey Cap can I talk to you for a second." He says and I couldn't refuse

"What's up eddie?" I ask assuming it was a normal discussion.

"Buck hasn't been acting right and I'm worried." He starts.

"He hasn't stayed the night at my place in weeks" he continues and I hum

"Why does that worry you?" I ask and he frowned.

"Because he even said no to Chris when he asked." Eddie says and I gulp

Something was Definitly wrong "that's not right. Buck would never do that unless" I starts and eddie finishes for me

"He is hiding something yea I know" he said and I nod.

"You think it's about the coma?" I ask and the look on his face said it all

"I'll talk to him" I say and eddie smiles nodding before the bell rang.

~~~~

Later after the call I made sure to pull Buck aside. "Hey Buck come here for a sec"

He followed me to the changing room and smiled "whats up cap?"

He tries to play it off but I know better. "Buck you can't pretend like everything is fine." I say and bucks smile faded

"What?" Is all that comes out of Buck's mouth.

"Something is wrong and If you don't wanna talk to me about it fine but talk to someone." I say and buck nods looking at the floor.

Feeling satisfied I walk out and nod at eddie who nods back

Buck's p.o.v

When Bobby asked me to come with him I didn't think much of it.

Then the conversation started and I knew where it was going. After talking I just gave up and agreed to talk to someone. I don't know who yet but I had to talk to someone

How I found myself outside the Diaz household I don't even know. All I knew was it was the middle of the night I was exausted and there was no turning back

I carefully put my key into the lock and get the door open. I try to be as quiet as I can while I move into the house locking the door once more.

I knew they were sleeping so I didn't want to wake them specially with eddie being a light sleeper. I just wanted somewhere to lay down somewhere I knew I would be safe.

Eddie... him and Chris are what make me feel safe so I head to the couch and slip my shoes off. I lay down and shiver it was somewhat cold but I couldn't complain.

I lay there for a while before deciding to get a glass of water aparently a bad choice because the next thing I hear are footsteps. Damnit I woke someone.

Eddie's p.o.v

I wake up hearing a cabinet open and close. I race out of bed my mind going to a intruder. Chris wouldn't get into the cabinet this late.

I grab my bat and went down the stairs trying to be quiet but i wasn't fully awake enough to be sneaky.

I get ready to face the intruder when I hear a voice "Sorry to wake you eddie"

I heard buck and put the bat down.  "Buck." I say softly as I walk to him.

"What are you doing here?" I can't help but think about what he could be doing. "Did something happen" I ask

Buck's p.o.v

I look at eddie and gulp. "No I just umm well."

I needed to talk to someone. "Can we sit?" I say going to sit on the couch.

He followed sitting on the couch next to me. I couldn't look at him instead I look at the floor.

"The coma" I start and my throat closes as it runs through my head.

How would he start?? Where?? What was even bothering him so much?? All the words and what people said?Then one stood out 'spare parts that were defective'

"I was......" I stop again and feel a hand on my chin lifting it up to look at eddie. I stare at him

3rd p.o.v

Eddie looks at bucks face and holds both hands on his cheeks. "Talk to me" Eddie says almost pleading

"I was born... for spare parts" Buck says almost too quickly for Eddie to hear but he does and his face goes shocked. Eyes big and jaw tight.

In Eddie's mind he thought about the moment bucks parents tried to take him off the machines. Buck continued before Eddie could speak

"But I was defective" he says and finally breaks. Eddie with years of training moved his hands easily to catch him.

Eddie sooths him as buck calms slightly "your not defective" he says and buck holds onto him.

'Eddie i... I was made to save daniel, that's why they never loved me" he said and Eddie's heart broke.

"They don't need to love you. You have Bobby and athena as parent and they do a hell of a better job" he said and this made buck look suprised

"Chim and hen love you. Chris thinks your the best person in the whole world." He said and eddie took a deep breath.

"I love you" eddie says and buck looked so shocked it made eddie second guess himself

Just then Chris woke screaming "daddy buck" eddie goes running with buck behind him.

When they make it in chris' room eddie is hugging chris quickly who hasn't realized buck is there yet

"Their drowning buck I need buck" Chris says crying and eddie tries to sooth him.

"Shhh he is ok he is right here" eddie says looking up at buck who snapped out of his trance.

He got on the other side of Chris "I'm right here buddy" buck said and hugs him.

"We are safe" he said and chris slowly went back to sleep. When he was out cold eddie pulled away before buck stopped him

"I love you too. Let's take him to your bed" he says and eddie looked so suprised but nods picking his son up and following buck to his bed

Buck concluded that his parents didn't matter because he had better. Eddie concluded that this is what he and Chris were missing. Not a mother for chris but a parent and eddie a partner.

That might they all slept in Eddie's bed together. No more nightmares just eddie on the left Chris in the middle and buck on the right.