|Love Is Something that Not Even Death Can Touch|

If Lea was being honest, Percy's continuous association and friendship with Rachel Elizabeth Dare was highly amusing; even more so when Lea got to watch how insanely jealous Annabeth was about it.

Why Annabeth had never thought to say anything about to Percy, Lea didn't know, but she suspected it was because Annabeth was fond of how oblivious Percy could be no matter how frustrating that it was. It may also be because she knew that for all that Percy befriended that mortal, the boy was more so interested in his soulmates and finding the last of them.

Which was why she had been quick to let the girl know that it most likely wasn't going to go the way that she thought it was when their mom and stepfather took them down to this private stretch of beach on the South Shore. Lea had seen that kiss when Percy left for his mission.

As of now though, Lea was lying down in their cabin, checking over all of her weapons as time drew closer and closer to their sixteenth birthday. Percy was gone on a mission with Beckendorf, and Drew was over in Colorado on a quest, and Alabaster had reported about a few titan bases in Jersey that were cloaked in mageia; he took a few of his cabin mates with him to check it out. Medea had taken Magnus to meet her family before coming back to celebrate the twins' birthday; Lea hoped that they lived so she wouldn't have to grieve them on their birthday.

It gave Lea all the time that she needed to go over everything. A couple of new spells that she wanted to try, more places to store her mageia since Arkas had once more grown to the size of backpack and he wasn't "full" enough to let it go. Her ring was fully charged and commissioned sat wickedly on her ear like a pretty earring clasp. She had a bunch more enchanted knives. The armor that she got commissioned for Salome and that she carved spells and incantations into it just in case one of those trigger-happy idiots on the opposing side tried to take her baby away.

(The tiger kitten was incredibly sad the longer that Hermes was off at war, or at least Lea thought he was at war because she could still not feel him.)

(Where was he? Where was her Hermes?)

Word of her brother's arrival reached her soon enough though she supposed she would have known either way with the tracking spell that she still had centered around his belly button buzzing in her head. The conch horn echoed around the camp, and she was teleporting to his side faster than she could blink—that was from the anchor that she placed on Riptide considering that he never went anywhere without that damn pen.

But when she saw her brother standing there alone and the look on his face... well, her own heart broke.

Beckendorf had became a good friend of theirs. He helped out around Usnavi's store, fixing a few of his shelves and when they ventured down to the Village, he was over there with Silena and Drew helping Mr. Beauregard with his store. Some of the furniture in their apartment had been custom-made by him, and the compliments that it got had Annabeth and Eliza's family commissioning him. He was supposed to be going off to college this fall; him and Silena. They were... they were supposed to do what they couldn't.

Demigods weren't said to live long lives and they were supposed to prove it wrong.

She stepped closer to him, ducking into his side.

Chiron galloped into the pavilion right after, which was easy for him since he's a white stallion from the waist down. His beard had grown wilder over the summer. He wore a green T-shirt that said MY OTHER CAR IS A CENTAUR and a bow slung over his back.

"Percy!" he said. "Thank the gods. But where . . ."

Annabeth and Eliza ran in right behind him.

"What happened?" Annabeth grabbed his arm. "Is Luke—"