|You call it madness, but I call it love|

That night Leaneira had the pleasure of being graced with an actual demigod dream.

She wanted a refund.

It was storming on the beach.

There was a city behind her.

San Fransico.

She didn't know how she knew that, but she wanted to shiver, remembering the last time she had been near that city.

Lea was running along the beach in a storm. Somehow, she knew it wasn't one of her own creation.

It was the middle of the night. Wind and rain ripped at the palm trees along the sidewalk.

About a hundred yards down the surf, Lea could see someone running along the waterfront. They ran right into a crowd people at the beach who only looked at them as if they weren't even there.

Lightning flashed, the sky grew darker, and the wind rose.

It felt like Lea was running in place; the heels of her feet digging uselessly in the sand.

And yet, there was something that pinged at her awareness that she told her that she wouldn't want to stop this either way.

The waves got bigger, crashing into the beach, spraying her with salt. The ground shook. The wind bent the palm trees almost to the ground.

Lea slowed to a stop.

It was like something straight out of a scary move as waterlogged hands reached from within the sea, grabbing at the person's ankles. A flash of power struck out at the hands; not that it did much but irritate whatever the hell that was in the water. Green eyes peeked through the waves, drowning in power in the same way that Lea's eyes did when she got too angry.

The person yelped, twisting in place and for the first moment, Lea could see the person's face.

Trent.

He looked almost exactly like he did during last winter except this time... his face was drowning in terror. She could see the way that he mouthed platitudes and begged for forgiveness as a pair of bulls appeared from the water and crowded around him. They forced him closer to the water and those same waterlogged hands gripped his ankles.

"Come home, broken man," the waves seemed to whisper. "And find a world of pain."

Trent cried uselessly, clawing at the ground in desperately. Lea moved closer until she was standing over him. He threw his mageia every which of way in a bid to pull himself away, but it failed in the end.

She wondered really if this was a past scene or something to come or maybe even the present. Demigod dreams were weird she had learned.

Leaneira bent down until she could look in his eyes.

A startling grey, cold and polished like sterling silver. At one point of time, Lea had thought his and Medea's eyes were beautiful with the way that they glittered like diamonds.

Now though, now he looked how she felt all those weeks ago.

Complete fear with a wonder if this was going to be his last stand. That feeling of helplessness with no one around to help.

Oh, she hoped this was a future scene so that she could witness it in real time.

Leaneira stood, watching just like the lifeguards as he was pulled to the ocean floor like water down a drain.