|It Is Both A Blessing And A Curse To Feel Everything So Very Deeply|

Leaneira barely had room to breathe, let alone think but she still somehow found the strength to breathe out as she lifted the weight and breathe in as she lowered the weight. She had better have muscles like the Rock after she got from under there.

And she was getting from under there then she was going to kick Trent's ass and throw Luke back under there to be flatten out like a waffle maker.

Her knees shook as the weight force her down to a knee. She could run out of strength at any second, but spite and adrenaline was a good motivator.

"How is our mortal guest?" a male voice boomed. It was deep and low with a rumble that made the ground vibrate. Huge chunks of black rock began falling in response to his voice. Lea raised her eyes, blurry shapes appearing in front of her before she lost the strength to hold her head up any longer. She absently sensed someone kneeling at her side, hovering around her before the chill of healing mageia rushed through her. "She's fading. We must hurry." The voice sounded a bit familiar.

The deep voice chuckled. A groan spilled from her lips. She was going to beat them all up.

"You heard the boy," said the loud man. "Decide!"

"How dare you torture a maiden like this!" Oh, that voice sounded familiar also.

"She will die soon," the person beside Lea said. "You can save her."

Lea groaned softly. She wasn't going to die. Hermes said... Hermes said that they would make her a new flower before she wouldn't die. And he mentioned something about his Brother's soulmate becoming a god after turning into a flower. 

"Free my hands," the other familiar voice said. Something clanged to the ground before the weight was lifted from her shoulders. Lea collapsed on the ground, her body screaming at her in relief. That was interesting. She thought her pain receptors had disappeared already. She blinked blearily. Forget kicking his ass. She was going to kill Trent.

The man in the shadows chuckled. "You are as predictable as you were easy to beat, Artemis."

Lady Artemis? Hermes' sister. Lea sank a bit deeper into her relief. A rescue was coming and then she could heal and then kick those traitors' asses.

"You surprised me," the goddess said, straining under her burden. "It will not happen again."

"Indeed it will not," the man said. "Now you are out of the way for good! I knew you could not resist helping a young maiden. That is, after all, your specialty, my dear."

Artemis groaned "You know nothing of mercy, you swine."

"On that," the man said, "we can agree. Trent, you may kill the girl now." The only one getting killed would be Trent as soon as she gained her strength back.

"No!'" Artemis shouted.

Trent hesitated. "She—she may yet be useful, sir.. Further bait."

"Bah! You truly believe that?"

"Yes, General. They will come for her. I'm sure."

The General considered. "Then my children and the dracaenae can guard her here. Assuming she does not die from her injuries, you may keep her alive until winter solstice. After that, if our sacrifice goes as planned, her life will be meaningless. The lives of all mortals will be meaningless."

Lea gave an involuntary gasped as who she assumed was Trent picked her and began walking.

"You will never find the monster you seek," Artemis said from behind her. "Your plan will fail."

"How little you know, my young goddess," the General replied, voice becoming fainter the further that she was carried. "Even now, your darling attendants begin their quest to find you. They shall play directly into my hands. Now, if you'll excuse us, we have a long journey to make. We must greet your Hunters and make sure their quest is... challenging."