|As You Captured My Soul With Your Gaze|

Life comes with many regrets.

You shouldn't have dyed your hair that shade of red. You should've bought those shoes while they were on sale. Those pants do not make your butt look big. That "last" drink should have been your last drink.

And sure there was some satisfaction that came in life, but Lea... Lea's life had been filled with regret since the moment Sally Jackson caught the eye of Poseidon fourteen years ago.

However, she had never regretted anything more than this moment right now...

Lea had exactly one nanosecond to cast a silencing spell around her before she screamed.

One moment Hermês was listening to Drew tell him about her dreams and coming to a very uncomfortable reality on which Titan and which curse that his Leaneíras was suffering from and then in the next, he had somehow been conned by Aphrodítē into dr...

One moment Hermês was listening to Drew tell him about her dreams and coming to a very uncomfortable reality on which Titan and which curse that his Leaneíras was suffering from and then in the next, he had somehow been conned by Aphrodítē into driving her chariot which was in the form of a limousine as she headed onto a date with Árēs. He grimaced as he could hear yelling coming from the divider that he had rolled up the moment that they gotten in.

His sister had been scolding her daughter from the moment that she had landed the chariot at Waystation.

Árēs winced in the passenger at particular loud yell from Aphrodítē. There was a good chance that she wasn't having anymore half-bloods for at least three millennia regardless of how much she and Árēs argue.

There was suddenly loud sobbing and they knew that their sister had just hit a rough patch no doubt pleading for Drew to leave it all alone. She was probably begging for her to go back to the camp, to be the stereotypical BRATZ doll that she was born to be. Her efforts were for naught as it was already written into the stars that Apóllōn would lay claim to her as his champion.

They pulled into Gila Claw, Arizona. Árēs gave him a look, but Hermês shook his head. He could taste death on his tongue and as his gaze moved forward catching sight of Hḗphaistos' junkyard. He suppressed a shiver as the soothing sound of Apóllōn repeated the prophecy line in his mind: One shall be lost in the land without rain.

"Look alive," his brother said, pointing ahead of them. Hermês focused and he wasn't all that surprised to see those on the quests. Fate was funny like that, or so Apóllōn claimed. He flipped on the bright lights as Árēs pushed his form into the back of the limousine. He stopped in front of them and cast his gaze away from Perseus. He looked so much like his twin that the only thing he was missing was pair of breasts that he did not look at because Hermês valued his eyesight and he was not going to risk Poseidón's wrath if he even got wind of any thought that didn't belong in a children's movie.

(Times were easier in back in the old days when he could have just taken her to Mount Kyllene and never had to worry about little mortal laws, but then again for Leaneíras, it was all worth it. She was worth it. Being her friend first and watching her evolve though he knew that friend wouldn't be the word that she used. It was all still so very worth it.)