|The Only True Love Is Love At First Right, Second Sight Dispels It|

The next few days were torture, just like Tantalus wanted.

Not that Lea cared. It was Percy that was having a crisis and trying to come to turn that he was brothers to a mythical creature.

Since Lea refused to acknowledge that she was a part of that side of the Family, it was easier for her to compartmentalize it. Also, she had already come to terms with Chiron being half-horse and he was their "supposed" Father's brother.

A cyclops isn't even the worst thing to have familial relations to.

The Minotaur that Percy fought was technically a prince and there was something about a human getting it on with a cloud who gave birth to mini-clouds.

Lea did not know nor did she care.

"He's not our real brother!" Percy protested whenever Tyson wasn't around. "He's more like a half-brother on the monstrous side of the family. Like ... a half-brother twice removed, or something."

Lea could agree with him on that. None of them were her real family, but that kind of thinking was natural for her. It was expected of her. Percy was supposed to be the friendly one to those dweebs, so she made sure she looked incredibly disappointed whenever he said that kind of crap.

And while he was going through his own existential crisis, Lea was forced into mageia lessons by Alabaster and his siblings. He was disappointed to know that she had only skimmed through the books that he sent her, but honestly, there was only so much magical theory for her to read before she decided that watching a movie was better than anything else.

If she wanted to know about magic spells and potions, she'd read Harry Potter.

But according to Alabaster, "You're a person looking at the world through a keyhole. You've spent your whole life trying to widen it...that keyhole. To see more, to know more. And now on hearing that it can be widened, in ways you can't imagine, you reject the possibility."

Which sounded like crap and something that he was quoting from somewhere else, and then he took her nose. Literally. He just waved his fingers and she was looking like Voldemort by the face.

It was disturbing, moreso about the fact that he tried to get her to learn another language. She was still learning ellinika! But nooo, he wanted her to learn latin on top of that. Honestly, she was so lucky to have Drew to help her because Lea was fluent in Google Translate. Latin was a dead language, but apparently, Drew could understand it as it was one of the languages of love also.

(Plus her Mom was the Mother of Rome, so she definitely knew the language.)

"Might I offer you some advice," he had said. "Forget everything that you think you know so that you can know more. And then I will give you your nose back."

Unfortunately for him, his cabin mates that actually biologically belonged to the cabin took offense at anything that could be deemed harmful to the image of their "step-mother". Something that Lea had once loudly protested decided to now quietly ignore as she did get her nose back.

Though, from what Drew told her that while she was spiritually their step-mother, legally speaking they already had one and those cabin mates took offense to her very existence. Then somehow turned the conversation into something about sisters=wives and Lea just decided to check out of the conversation.

Lea had opted out of the chariot racing, through some excuse about not having a license and whatnot. But apparently, Mr. D was going to have her sit it out anyway because she was not to be put at risk under any circumstances and the chariot racing was risky.

Wait until he found out that his brother wanted her to go on a quest in enemy territory!

Alabaster took that as the challenge to practice her mageia. He took to calling it energy manipulation which sounded all science fiction-ish, but it was better than magic.