|Love is something eternal, the aspect may change, but not the essence|

Lea sat atop Half-Blood Hill right next to Peleus.

The last time she'd seen the dragon he'd been six feet long. A baby really. Curling under Thalia's old tree stretched out in the sun. He was like a puppy. Now he was at least twice that, and as thick around as the tree itself.

Above his head, on the lowest branch of the pine tree, the Golden Fleece shimmered, its magic protecting the camp's borders from invasion. The dragon seemed relaxed, like everything was okay.

Lea wished she could relate, but... she lost control again. Brooklyn was plagued with a storm so bad that an answering storm had to be sent over the entire state to try to fix it. It made Lea feel bad and she knew that Hermes had gotten them all out before anything worse could happen.

(While also playing up the idea that someone tried to kidnap them. Sheesh, Percy and Annabeth just have the worst luck yet. The police questioned both their parents and now they were under the impression that they had been kidnapped by members from the leftover trafficking ring that they "escaped" from. Lea, Drew, and Ethan were just additions because of their close proximity to the two, especially Lea because she too had "escaped". Aliens' above, that felt like so long ago.)

Hermes had come for her though before she could do real damage to the mortal world. Before she actually sank Brooklyn under the sea. They were getting closer to the Great Prophecy. Lea and Percy were getting closer to being sixteen. They were becoming more powerful and if they wanted to survive the prophecy, then their powers would expand with them.

It certainly didn't help that they were children of the Olympioi Majors, of the first six Olympioi, of the Sons of Kronos, and the inheritors of the Earth.

(Of Poseidon who plays a unique position as the eldest of the Kronos' sons for he is the elder brother of Zeus but also the elder brother of Haides as the latter was gorged up afterwards.)

He had also brought her more books of all things to help her relearn control, promising to show her more meditation techniques that had been lost to time so that she could feel her power and bring it under control. It's what she should be doing, but she couldn't find the energy. Her mind was plagued with what ifs.

She ripped off the roof.

What if she lost control and hurt those people... or worse, her friends?

(Lea missed the days before she learned of all this. The days where if the school roof went flying into the atmosphere, then the only thing she had to worry about was if school was going to be cancelled. Where if a powerful storm happened then it was just the way of life and not because of a teenager drunk on power. Lea missed being as normal as she could be. Well, what she saw as normal anyhow.)

Below them, Camp Half-Blood looked peaceful—green fields, forest, shiny white Greek buildings. The four-story farmhouse we called the Big House sat proudly in the midst of the strawberry fields. To the north, past the beach, the Long Island Sound glittered in the sunlight.

Nothing like the raging storms that were currently affecting the rest of the state.

Still...something felt wrong. There was tension in the air, as if the hill itself were holding its breath, waiting for something bad to happen.

Lea wondered if it was a bad omen in reference to herself.

She had been sitting on the Hill since they arrived. Hermes had sat there, waving the others forward while allowing the magic of the Fleece to rejuvenate her. He held her close, cloaking them in mageia to keep others from bothering them as he helped her gain a miniscule of control. She had no need for the ill-fated spell she had cast during the winter break to know how worried he was about her. Nor did she need it to know how much he had not wanted to leave her side, but alas, he had to help put out the fires in response to her actions.