|Either Way, My Heart Is Yours|

Leaneíras rode on the back of Ginevre while Annabeth handled the reins and the navigation device of the chariot. Eliza got her sister situated within the chariot, securing with some rope that Lea conjured up so that she wouldn't fall.

It wasn't long before they were set to go and soon, they rose over the Grand Canyon. Lea winced a bit when she heard the skywalk giving completely out.

Great, she thought. I blew up a national monument. That was Percy's thing.

Percy.

Her brother was still missing and the only lead they had turned out to be a dead end.

Lea really wanted to cry. It felt like those days back when she was twelve, hidden away in their old apartment with Smelly Gabe and her brother and mother both missing. The difference this time was that she didn't have the news following after him as he did a cross-country escape from human traffickers while going on a quest to find their Uncle's emotional support lightning bolt.

Behind them, more storm clouds were gathering.

Funnily enough, Lea couldn't even tell if it was because of monsters or it were simply because of her mood.

Her best friend, hurt.

Her brother was missing.

And her soulmate—a goddamn god—was nowhere to be found.

She'd scream if she had the strength for it, but all she could focus on was lying her head a top of Ginevre as the pegasus murmured soothing words to her.

Lea had never gotten over her fear of pegasi no matter how safe Ginevre was, but even that fear seemed dim in the face of Lea's world shattering around her.

Voices murmured behind her that she could barely hear over the wind.

"Hang on, child," Ginevre suddenly said. Lea raised her head, and looked back. The chariot's left wheel was burning, white flames lapping up the side of the chariot. The wind roared and dark shapes began to form in the clouds. Lea sneered, raising one glowing hand and shooting a beam of mageia into the masses.

She turned as she saw Annabeth flick the reins. The pegasi put on a burst of speed, and the chariot blurred. Lea's stomach crawled into her throat and she was once again reminded why she didn't like flying on those demons with hooves. Her vision went black, and when it came back to normal, they were at the Long Island Sound.

"The lake!" Eliza yelled. "Aim for the lake!"

BOOM.

She let herself sink, breathing in relief. She smiled at the naiads in the water, welcoming their assistance to getting onto the shore. Nearby, Annabeth stood in the lake, cutting the wrecked harnesses off the pegasi. Fortunately, the horses looked okay, but they were flapping their wings and splashing water everywhere. Butch emerged from the crowd to help her. The demigods that they rescued were already on shore though the girl had just been dumped onto the ground by the naiads. Eliza was surrounded by a few of the healers that were handing out blankets and helping her with Drew. Lea headed in their direction after they blew with the instant blower.

A second later the wreckage of the chariot was tossed from the lake and landed nearby with a wet crunch.

"Annabeth!" Will Solace said, pushing the crowed. "I said you could borrow the chariot, not destroy it!"