┃43┃

Squealing as she was being raised higher up in the air, Fei shyly requested, knowing that her height is of no help to the man. "J-Just a bit more, husband."

"You're so tiny, darling." The man teased as he raised her up even higher in the air with his amazing strength, enough for Fei to peek at the bird nest which was securely nestled in the tree branch.

"Song birds," she mumbled in awe as she stared at the eggs, quite unsure when they'll be hatched.

This is the season of autumn and the winter is approaching soon. Perhaps, she'd have to wait another week until the birds come out of their shells.

"Are you done?" Yang's large hands were securely wrapped around Fei's tiny waist as he let her take her time.

"No," Fei quipped.

"Don't think of touching them. You'll anger the parent bird." The man warned as though she was a child which made her pout in agitation.

She knew better than anyone how possessive is a parent bird about its children.

"You needn't tell me what to do," she said in a low tone but it was heard by the man, unfortunately.

Chuckling, Yang shook his head and darkly muttered loud enough for her to hear.

"Try repeating those words."

She didn't dare to.

Her eyes fluttered shyly and she thought it'd be better to ignore the mean man as she occupied herself with the nest.

She noticed this nest when they were strolling in the garden. Curious like a child, she demanded to see it and Yang naturally listened to his wife like the doting husband he was.

"There are three eggs, husband." Fei earnestly gazed at the eggs as though she was the mother of these baby birds who are yet to come out of their shell.

Afraid that she'd touch the eggs, Yang carried her in his arms and took her inside the manor.

...

The husband decided to have some quality time with his lovely wife out of guilt and love.

Even though she was unwilling to admit it out of obedience, Yang wasn't a fool and he knew that he needed to fulfill his other husbandly duties to keep his wife in a happy mood apart from satisfying their souls in the bed.

Jewels, she didn't lack any. Clothes, even more that she was unable to wear a lot of them. What did she like to do? Activities.

Then how was he supposed to make her feel special?

Making her happy in bed matters aside, he needs to live like a human instead of an animal he was with insatiable carnal desires.

Affection alone can't be the only thing she could like, right? How else can a man make his woman feel special?

"Is there anything you'd like for your husband to get for you, my dear?" He tried asking her but then it came to no solution when she shook her head while feeding her birds.

Yang was defeated in the matters of a woman. He could only watch as his unaware wife continued to play with her birds.

He sat on a stone made chair and watched her helplessly. Sometimes, like a hypocrite, the man hated how obedient she was.

"Come here," he called out, sounding solemn and serious, causing Fei's heart to drum in nervousness.

She has noticed his strange behavior since the morning. He didn't go to work and has been following her around the whole day.