┃01┃

A bride peacefully laid on the bed

A bride peacefully laid on the bed. Her traditional wedding dress was scattered across the whole bed beautifully and it made her appear like a red flower in full bloom. However, only her fair chin and neck was visible as half of her face was veiled in red.

The silken sheets got messed up as she restlessly twisted on the bed.

Her husband. Where is he? 

She pursed her lips and mumbled to herself about how she was feeling uncomfortable because of the dress and the accessories she was made to wear this whole time.

Her innocent eyes darted around the huge master's bedroom curiously, she wanted to explore it but the tiredness in her muscles resisted the urge to give in to her wishes. Her body wanted a good rest after a long tiresome day.

She'll explore the whole manor later, it was huge after all. A soft yawn left her tinted lips; she wanted to sleep but wasn't allowed to.

She was a dutiful wife so she'd wait for her husband.

Her husband, though, still hasn't returned yet. 

Her thoughts soon traveled to him and she was reminded of his tall physique. The only thing she noticed and got to know about her husband was that he was tall and really strong.

Even when he lifted her in his arms in the ritual ceremony, Fei simply couldn't pull the courage to look up at him because she was feeling shy and was kind of afraid of him.

His arms felt really firm and powerful while carrying her all the way to the vehicle until they reached his manor. He also carried her to their bedroom easily but left after a short while.

Why? She can only wonder why.

They never exchanged any words or spoke to each other. The silence between them only felt natural to the little bride as she had never been in the company of a male before.

She was raised by her mother and mother alone. The master of the Lu family never visited them while she was being raised for seventeen years.

Growing up, she was always told that she was betrothed to someone at the age of five. Since then, she has always fantasized about what her husband would be like.

He must be like a handsome prince, Fei thought in her mind, smiling innocently despite being alone and unfamiliar with her surroundings. 

Lu Fei was an obedient child; so obedient that it made people worry on her behalf.

Quite oblivious, the little bride kept reminding herself of the duties she must carry as a wife with a determination that she'll be a good wife to her husband.

Fei's mother has taught her all the things she should do as a woman since the day she knew that her life was already someone's else's but that didn't stop her from finding her happiness in little things.