┃11┃

"Kyaah!" She squealed and duck herself in his arms before peering at the beasts who were as docile as dogs in the presence of her husband but she still found them scary to face nonetheless.

The wolves, all were males. They had shiny hair and glowy eyes with an apprehensive aura.

She had no idea that her husband had been raising wolves as his pets for years and would even treat them as though they were cute dogs.

So strange.

She really knew nothing about him, his bravery was to be noted though.

The fact that these wolves had been living in this manor all this while and she still was unaware about their existence a moment ago was to be noted too.

Yang's throat husked with a charming laugh as he watched his wife's scared face.

"Don't be afraid," He whispered as he tried to calm her racing heart which he could feel from her chest pressing against his. "They certainly won't eat you."

"But what if they bite my hand?" She pouted. Why would one raise such fierce and deadly creatures as pets? Were dogs and cats not docile enough?

"They won't dare." The man gently but firmly gripped her hand, stretching it toward the wolf in front of them.

"Ay!"

She cried, trying to take it back but her husband didn't let her, which caused her to wriggle in arms as she tried to escape but his hold on her waist tightened; looks like he'd no plan of letting her escape this situation.

She whimpered and looked up into his eyes coyly. "I don't want to touch them."

"I'm here, right?" He coaxed her as if she were a child which she was, to his keen eyes.

Fei bit her lip as she listened to him speak really patiently. "They'll do nothing. Look at them. Does it look like they are going to pounce on you? Look, they are so cute and lovely."

Bewildered, she looked at them and then at him.

Cute?

"See? This one wants to be petted. Pet it, wife." He pointed at the wolf which was sitting before them.

She sniffled and choked a soft sob, trying to observe the beast. It wasn't moving but was staring at her, calmly as if it were a human and not a beast. It didn't look like it wanted to be petted, instead it looked more like it wanted to pet her.

"Now, slowly try to touch its head. It won't bite." He whispered to her. "C'mon, darling. I'm here, um?"

She nodded and watched as her husband stretched her arm toward the wolf, who in return telepathically offered its head.

She caressed the crown of its head, falling into a daze as she did.

"See, It's doing nothing. It's being good, right?"

She nodded her head and a smile graced her lips.

"My wife is so brave," He praised her generously, discarding the fact that she was scared of the beast just a moment ago.
"Seems like it's starting to like you." He points out.

"Really?" Fei's eyes brightened as if glowing stars had twinkled within her orbs and she looked at the wolf which was smaller compared to others. And then without her husband's help, she willingly petted it on the head.

Other wolves had more oppressive aura compared to him.

Yang purred, kissing her dimple cheek with indulgence to which she returned the favor by pecking onto his cheek.

He smiled before wiping the corner of her eye which was still glistening with tears from her earlier breakdown.

"Do you want to feed them?" He asked, looking down at her. She was really timid so he thought she'd say no but he also noticed the eagerness on her adorable face.

"C-Can I try?"

"Of course, you can." Yang's smile deepened, though it soon vanished when he heard two wolves growling at each other. He looked over and calmly watched them with dead eyes.

Noticing the change in his demeanor, Fei looked over too.

What happened?

Yang let out a swift whistle and both the wolf stopped their disobedient act and one of them even whimpered, faced with its master's harsh glare.

Waah!

Her husband even knew how to tame these beasts. Her heart filled with sweetness at his charm.

"Let's feed them," he looked at her, eyes turning back into gentleness.

"Um," She glanced at the bucket beside them which was filled with meat, she didn't know which animal's.

Yang picked up a fresh and thick slice and tossed it on the ground, but the wolves didn't budge. Not before receiving a look of approval from their master.

Fei was in awe. They were loyal and well disciplined.

"Husband," She was curious.

"Hmm?" Yang was feeding the smaller wolf which took its meat and went away in the corner. Seeing that, all of them started to swarm around him.

"Did you train them yourself?" She watched them and then him.

They didn't look wild.

Yang chuckled and nodded his head. "I did."

"Were they wild at first?"

"They were."

Fei didn't know what to make out of it. Does he not fear anything? She tilted her head innocently.

"Did they bite you?"

"They were the wildest among their packs." Yang remembered how fierce they were at first. All of them were from their separate different packs and none of them was easy to tame but he likes nothing more than challenges.

"It was hard to tame them," He smiled and leaned in to kiss her on the lips. The smooch was short as he pulled back and placed a piece of meat on her hand, laughing as she made a face by scrunching her face.

"Come, feed them." He made her stretch her hand as she kept ducking her face while doing the task with his help.

The night was silent, only the sound of owls and crickets could be heard in the courtyard.

After feeding them and washing their hands, Yang didn't waste any time as he took her inside the bedroom.

Will the night be long?

...