┃08┃

Her head laid on his shoulder blade while her glossy pair of eyes dreamily gazed at him.

She was gently being hugged by his arm as it was wrapped around her shoulder, letting her lean on his body at ease while his other arm was resting on the stone-made table.

On his wrist was wrapped around an elegant watch which looked too classy and expensive, suiting him perfectly.

Yang's eyes were focused on her lovely face as he stroked her supple cheek with the back of his index finger, causing a new sensation to crawl up her skin and help her to break her away from the daze.

She was admiring his good looks, feeling giddy at the thought of knowing her rights over him.

This handsome man was her husband, the man she mistakenly called a thief on their second meeting.

"I'm sorry, husband."

Her sweetly mumbled words caused him to raise his brows in amusement. Knowing what the apology was for, he hummed out questioningly and touched her tiny ear.

"Um? What for, wife?"

Fei stole her gaze away from his, unaware of his playful mood, she thought that he'd be upset if she brought that up.

The shame ate her conscience as she remembered how she, instead of welcoming him like a dutiful wife, called him a thief.

The pair of couples were sitting inside the chinese pavilion, enjoying the nature of the garden area which was built to admire.

A beautiful man-made lake, stones covering it from atop with beautiful trees surrounding the shore.

The pavilion they were resting inside was coated above with a thick greenery and flowers. And some petals even fell on their figures.

Some of the petals rested on Fei's hair which made her look like a fairy, unabling Yang to peel his eyes off her.

This area was built before Yang was born. His father had got this place built for his mother as a gift but now after his parent's passing, this place will only be open to the new pair of souls.

"For calling you that," she whispered inaudibly and her face flushed when she felt his fingers playing with her ear.

With her face heating up at the intimate distractions, she tried to calm down her racing heart which had no sign of stopping its unstable beating in his presence.

Since the time he'd come, he has created havoc in her mind and body. Though curious about the emotions which were blossoming in her heart, she feared of losing this all. Fear of losing him after all the wait was eating her heart, churning it into a painful twist.

Yang grazed the back of his index finger on her flushed cheek. Noticing the evident effect he'd over her, he wasn't planning to let go of the chances to tease her.

"I didn't hear you, darling."

Her eyes turned moist, feeling his careful light strokes on her cheek.

Her husband was so gentle, she thought naively.

She should apologize for her mistakes instead of hiding her embarrassment selfishly. Bracing herself after a brief moment, she tried to manage her words out.

"-F-For..that earlier I called you." Fei stuttered out whilst fiddling with the pearl necklace around her neck. "When you came home, I called you.."

"A thief?" He completed her sentence with ease and leaned his fist against his cheek, relaxing his elbow on the table as he watched her with great interest and asked,"A thief? Do I look like one, my darling wife?"

Feeling ashamed and nervous, she bit her lip and quickly shook her head in denial.

"I didn't mean it intentionally. I've never seen a thief, husband." She rambled on in nervousness. "If I knew it was you, I wouldn't have done such a disrespectful thing and my apologies, for I'm so ashamed of how I didn't welcome your home arrival just like a wife should."

Yang chuckled and his powerful chest vibrated against her body, letting her have a feel of his manly rumble.

That made her turn more red as she didn't think twice before hiding her face on his chest before mumbling out in a soft voice. "Please forgive me, husband."

"Forgive you, hmm?" Bemused, he teased. "What if I don't?"

Fei's stomach churned at those words. She has made a mistake, so getting a punishment is only inevitable. Gulping down her fear, she said,"You can-..you can punish me, husband."

Yang's body instantly went rigid at those words and his eyes turned cold, flashing with contempt.

After a short pause, he calmly asked,"Have you ever been punished?"

The man felt her hesitating to answer his question which made his eyes turn more intense.

Fei slowly nodded in his arms, still hiding her face on his chest.

Yang's mood turned dead serious at the thought of getting her punished. What could one actually expect from the Lu family? They were rotten and vile to the bottom of their hearts.

He was very well aware of their bad deeds and their ways of living.

"Who used to punish you?" He asked, his jaws clenching to bite down his surging anger, not realizing that he was strangely losing his composure over this.

"Mother?" That came out her mouth as a question and she confusingly tilted her head upward from his chest to look up at him.

Why does he look so upset?

"How?" Yang gazed down at her pure bright eyes. Who'd had a heart to punish this little thing?

Fei, still confused, answered without thinking. "She made me drink eggs."

"..." Yang.

Did he hear it correctly?

Eggs?

"Raw eggs," Fei woefully mumbled before leaning down on his chest in a petulant manner as she complained. "They taste so bad, husband. And they smell bad too."

Simply yuck!

Yang was too speechless to give a meaningful response while his eyes were drawn somewhere else as he tried to comprehend what he had just heard.

"Mother used to make me stand against the wall if I was caught doing something wrong and then even order nobody to talk to me at that time. I used to feel so bored, husband." His little wife continued to complain as if she's suffered a great injustice, unaware of his speechlessness.

"..." The man.

Okay? Seems like his wife is indeed raised differently.

"Husband."

"Hmm?"

"What is my punishment?"

Snapping out of his thought, Yang chuckled before gripping her small chin in his hand, and then bowed his head closer to hers.

"Do you want to be punished so badly?"

She shyly looked away. Why does it sound so tempting coming out of his mouth?

As Yang was done saying that, he pecked the corner of her mouth and gave a slight suck there as he murmured in a hushed tone. "Never ask to be punished by me, darling."

"Why?" She hiccuped when he licked her lips, causing her to let out an embarrassing sound.

"Because I don't hold back when it comes to that."

Oh?

...