┃02┃

Her fingers held a needle as she embroidered on the black cloth, all focused

Her fingers held a needle as she embroidered on the black cloth, all focused. There was a relaxed look on her face as she smiled while doing her favorite work.

The season of winter has approached and the robe she has been making for her husband is going to be finished soon.

The black robe had a thick fabric which was quite hard to work on, the reason why it took her a month to complete it.

Fei has been living well, eating well and sleeping well. In a place where nobody speaks to her, she has found a way to find comfort in the small little things she could do in all the free time she's got.

She has accepted all the changes in her life with an open heart. However, a will doesn't come without a way.

Surely, she needed someone she could talk to. The only person she could think of in the end was her husband.

Now that her life was solely his, why not appreciate his care even from afar? So in the gratitude of being fed well, sleep well and live well, she decided to show him her care too.

By sending him letters, thanking him.
Made gifts, a lot of them.
Made by her with soul and love.

She tried her best to show her devotion toward him and waited for a response. Alas, a response never came which made her wonder if her gifts were even being delivered to him?

But that didn't stop her from acting upon her will. She'd still send him things which are always prepared by her.

In all, the sincerity of the mistress was witnessed by the all three maids and head maid, who started to feel their hearts soften for the little girl.

Sometimes Fei would send her husband calligraphy, poetry or paintings made by her own hands.

Or sometimes she'd send him clothes that she'd make herself with the help of the head maid who was in charge of the things happening inside or outside the household.

The head maid would even ask a worker to deliver them on her behalf as she wasn't allowed to step foot outside the manor.

Months to months, the gifts would always be delivered to him like a service.

Suddenly, a drop of tear fell on the black cloth and Fei's eyes flashed with surprise when she realized that she was crying.

The girl was still a child who had been separated from her mother. She did have many concerns about her and all her lively activities couldn't cover up the ache in her heart.