┃28┃

Yohan was rooted on the spot as he stared at the fairy before him, his breath stuck inside his throat the moment his eyes fell on her and it took a lot of courage for him to say something, in case she really is a fairy and might disappear once he says something.

"You.."

"Ah!" Fei covered her face and wanted to get away from him but in a frenzy, her foot tripped on her dress and she fell back, hitting the candle placed behind her.

"..." Yohan.
Shit!

Her red dress was about to catch fire and he was fast enough to pull her in his arms.

"C-Calm down please," Yohan stuttered when his nose caught on her intoxicating smell and he fucking forgot how to fucking talk while his fucking mouth opened and closed but no fucking words could come out at the moment.

She broke away from his embrace and cried,"D-Don't look at my face!"

He'll be harmed by her husband if he does.

She tried to find her veil but couldn't in the spur of the moment with her hands still covering her face. "W-Where is..?"

"Hey, it's alright," The young man didn't know how to comfort women, he'd never really comforted any woman in his entire life.

"Don't be afraid. I'm not a bad person," He really wasn't sure if he was saying the truth but he did say that to calm her down.

Fei wasn't really in a condition to hear him as she was too afraid to show him her face. In a nervous fit, her legs wobbled and she fell on the floor like a doll.

"Ahn.."

What a cute noise, Yohan subconsciously noted.

She cried out in pain and touched her ankle, revealing her face yet again.

She seemed to have twisted it but kept trying to get away from him as far as she could in her pitiful condition.

"..." Yohan didn't know whether to be annoyed at her or be fascinated about her beauty. She was treating him as though he was a monster.

He was too good looking to be treated like a damn pest. That was a huge ass bruise to his big dick size ego.

"Hey.. Don't be afraid," Yohan never knew that he could ever make his voice sound so gentle before but now he was too focused on the beautiful fairy to give it a good attention.

"I-I..erm.." He knelt down on the floor and raised his hands, gesturing that he meant no harm. "See? I'm harmless. It's alright."

Fei looked up into his eyes but still cowered in fear and that shit got on his last nerve. "..." Yohan.

He's already on his knees. What else could one do in this perplexing situation?

And when he watched as she was about to literally crawl away from him. LITERALLY CRAWL AWAY FROM THIS HANDSOME PRINCE!!

He couldn't help but shout in anger,"Will you stop treating me like a damn monster?! Does this face look like-" He pointed at his handsome face and lowered his voice when he saw her shudder in shock at his tone.

"..a damn rapist's?" He was speechless to the point that he couldn't register anything in his mind while the little fairy cried so pitifully on the floor.

He silently watched as she looked for something or someone. What the fuck?

Now he really had an urge to see himself in a mirror to find what is making her so afraid of him.

He's growing damn insecure because of her and really had no idea what was going inside her beautiful head.

What if she's beautiful? Does that give her any right to look down on this handsome prince?

Maybe.. It does. She is so breathtaking after all.

Yohan instinctively touched his lips to see if he was drooling. Fortunately, no. Or this fairy would've thought of him as a salivating beast who was ready to paw on her?

He sighed and sat comfortably on the floor, silently watching her hide herself in the corner of a wall.

"..."

"..."

What an awkward situation?
He's never in his life faced something like this.

His fist supported his angled handsome face with his elbow on his right knee.

She was hurt and was quietly sobbing for a long time until he finally heard her voice speak.

Like a siren from the forest of myth. He was in awe as he listened to her sobbing words.

"L-Leave."

Yohan was so smitten by her voice for a moment that it took him a while to understand what she said.

She was telling him to leave?

Leave? LEAVE?!

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?" He stopped midway in his yelling when he heard her flinch like a scared lamb.

"I-I mean.. I can't leave you see, some people out there are after my head," He cooed and softened his tone to his extreme capacity.

"A-After your..head?" The fairy mumbled, still trying to bury her face somewhere on the wall, however by now he was getting used to this weird treatment he was getting.

"Yes.. I mean y-yeah..after my head."

"But you'll lose your eyes if you stay here," The fairy said something bizarre and he got confused.

What did she mean by that?

"I didn't get it but anyways," He coughed and tried to get closer to her as he whispered,"I saw you getting hurt. Let me see your foot."

"N-No!" She hurrumped.

What the fuck? He was trying to genuinely help her, okay?

"..." Yohan.

"What if you mistakenly see my face?" He heard her mumble in a soft voice.

"..." What sense was this strange fairy even making? And even if he sees her face, it'd be deliberately. What did she mean by mistake?

"Is your beautiful face cursed or something?" He sarcastically remarked and without waiting for her consent got closer to her.

She shrieked and was about to crawl away when her uninjured foot was pulled by him and she slid to his arms like a jello.

She quickly distanced their bodies and he let her before taking her injured foot to inspect.

It was only a minor sprain, one powerful tug and it will be alright but it would certainly be a bit painful.

"Don't worry, I'll only be looking at your ankle," He whispered and touched her ankle with gentleness.

He'd never been gentle in his whole life but she is unknowingly letting those emotions out and awakening something deep within him.

But suddenly Yohan faced a different direction and yelled,"Oh my god! Who is that?"

Fei got scared, thinking that it was her husband, she turned around to look but found nobody in that direction.

Huh?

"Ah!" She let out a yelp in pain and her arms flew around the man who was sitting the closest to her at the moment.

Yohan chuckled as he looked at her sitting on his body with her arms around him.

Hearing his laugh, Fei came out of her daze and saw him looking at her face. She quickly covered her face with her palms, unaware how her reaction looked so adorable to this spoiled prince.

Awe..
He cooed inwardly.

"You're..sitting on me." After a long pause, Yohan weakly whispered while his heart raced at their close proximity.

Huh?

"..." Fei.

...