CHAPTER 44

Gia watched as her door flew open and her guards along with Kade rushed inside. Kade saw Anthony's bleeding arm and smirked at his wife.

"It seems you've upset my wife," Kade said to Anthony as he walked to Gia and took her in his arms. He leaned his head down and kissed her hard on the mouth and made her moan a little just for him.

The stunned look on Anthony's face was priceless. Not only at hearing the news of Gia's marriage but of seeing Kade walking inside the office instead of rotting away in the tombs as Gio had intended.

"Did you think that I wouldn't figure it out? I was raised and trained by Giovanni," Gia said, looking at Anthony's dumbfounded face. "He doesn't move without me knowing why, I know all about his weaknesses as I know about yours. Did you really think that sleeping with you was yours and Gio's idea?" She began to laugh still in Kade's arms.

"Come on Tony, how stupid did you really think I was? My father never saw me, but he was always there, one way or another he was always there. I have to admit that the final twist with the fucking Will was a shocker to me but nothing that I couldn't handle."

Gia kissed her husband's lips one more time and walked over to Anthony and pushed at his chest and made the man fall back on the couch. "I gave Gio a chance to prove that he had changed his ways but when Marta showed up, I knew that Giovanni Drago was the same man he had always been, handsome, determined and power hungry and capable of doing whatever he had to do to get it. Even if it meant coercing my father to make up that Will." She held her hand up to silence Anthony. "What he never thought was that I would find out about his betrayal and your betrayal. Now, here you sit wondering where your loyalty lies, but let me be clear, the only reason you are alive is because my husband wants it so, I wanted you dead yesterday. You of all people should know that no one betrays me and lives to tell about it."

She walked over to her desk and picked up her phone. She dialed a number and waited for the line to connect.

"Boss?" Kellan's voice was clear.

Gia put him on speaker phone and smiled at Anthony. "Is the package secure?"

"Sealed and delivered."

"Good, put him on the phone," she ordered.

It took a few moments and everyone in Gia's office could hear what sounded like a scuffle in the background.

"Giada!" Gio's voice called out with outrage. "What the fuck is going on? Where are Donato and Marta? What the fuck are you doing?"

The shock and terror on Anthony's face was evident. It pleased Gia to no end to see the myriad of questions dancing on what she had once thought a handsome face. Now all she saw was the ugliness of a man that had betrayed her. A man that had thrown away everything she had offered him. Her friendship, loyalty, and love.

She cut the call and grinned with mischief in her eyes. "I wonder what Gio is talking about. Do you have any idea what he's talking about, honey?" She turned to Kade who stood behind her with both his hands on her hips.

"I have no idea, love."

"Well, maybe we should go find out." Gia's smile faded and anger took over her beautiful face making her look like the hard woman she was raised to be.

Gino and Trent escorted Anthony out of the office and took him to the back where the SUVs awaited. They shoved him inside the back of one, while Gia and Kade got in their SUV accompanied by Gino, who never left her side no matter what, and Kenrick in the passenger's seat while Shawe was at the wheel.

Gia said not a word and mulled over everything she had going on in her mind. Nothing was easy for her and Kade knew that. He knew how difficult dealing with Gio was going to be for her, but it had to be done. He was worried but he wouldn't show it. He wanted to trust that the love that had grown between them was enough to keep her by his side, but he just wasn't sure it would. If there was one thing he had learned from life, it was that love was simply not enough. Yes, he loved Gia with all his heart, but did she reciprocate that love? He would die for her and almost did, would she for him? There were so many questions and so many insecurities that plagued him, but it wasn't the time to indulge in them.