CHAPTER 3

When she made her way to the table where Dante was seated, she let out a relieved sigh at Anthony standing there which made her feel a whole lot better.

"Miss Summers, how kind of you to join us...finally. I was telling your boss here about my offer for you to train my staff and he so kindly accepted."

Gia shot Anthony a look that promised him hell later. "Well, I wish Mr. Benedetti would have consulted me first but it seems I have no choice now."

Everyone at Dante's table looked around at each other taken by surprise at Gia calling Anthony by another man's name and not his own father's name.

"Are you not the son of Anthony Greco?" Nicola asked looking at Anthony first then at Gia.

"I am or was. After my father died, Bruno took me in and adopted me seeing as his wife died in childbirth taking his heir with her," Anthony explained.

Gia saw the glimmer in Anthony's eyes and had to work extra hard not to crack a smile. She was sure that Dante Drago was never taken by surprise, and he had just taken a bomb in front of his family making him look like an idiot for not having all the information on Anthony.

Nicola was also made to look a fool being Dante's underboss and brother. He should have known all that beforehand, but Gia was not a novice at the game they played and that night, Dante and his family had played a very bad hand putting on display their weaknesses.

"Well, congratulations are in order then." Dante stood up and kissed Anthony on both cheeks showing the utmost respect for the MADE man that he now was.

Gia stood there with pride and most of all one hundred percent safe. Anthony had been revealed like they had planned, and everything was falling into place.

Dante took his seat again and turned his attention to Gia. "I'll call you with the specifics sometime this week, does that sound acceptable?"

"Do I have a choice?" Gia asked, smiling a genuine smile. Nothing could have put a frown on her face at that very moment.

Dante didn't say another word. He stood and his family followed suit. He thanked Anthony for having him and dropped a couple hundred-dollar bills on the table and Gia froze. Dante was showing disrespect by dropping the money on the table the way he did, but disrespect towards Gia.

Gia took the money and smiled at him with an even bigger smile. "You are a very kind man Mr. Drago. Molly will be thrilled receiving such a large tip from you. Thank you on her behalf and please come again anytime." Gia turned the tables on him then excused herself.

Moments later Anthony walked in her office and hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. "You were fucking amazing out there! the fucker nearly shat his pants when you turned his little display of power and disrespect on him."

"Remind me to give Jacob a bonus for his awesome work," Gia said, referring to their computer guy. Thanks to Jacob, there was nothing that Gia didn't know about Dante.

They celebrated over a glass of scotch and spoke about the evening's success. The restaurant had been packed and a waiting list had been started with reservations for the next few weeks.

"It seems your idea worked, honey. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical in the beginning, but you have hit it on the head with the food from the world catch."

Gia grinned at him. She had always hated the fact when she went out for a meal, and it was a place she didn't like she was stuck anyway. She always wished for the kind of restaurant she had created. A restaurant that served food from around the world; from tacos and burritos to sushi and kebabs and of course, the good old burger and veggie burger and chicken patty burger for those who didn't like red meat. It was a hit, and she was sure that she would continue to see the place packed.