CHAPTER 26

The line for the Funnel Cakes was very long. By the time Gia was next in line, a tall man with short black hair moved up to the front of the line and made an order for ten hot fudge Funnel Cakes.

"Back of the line buddy," Gia said annoyed that the man dared get between her Funnel Cake and her.

"It will just take a second sweetheart, you don't mind, right?" He turned around and winked at Gia.

He was handsome and his light blue eyes were striking. The scar going down his right cheek told her that he was a man of action. His accent spoke of Northwest Highlands and Lochs.

Gino and Trent walked up and were about to take the man out of the booth, but Gia shook her head softly. She didn't want a scene. She just wanted her Funnel Cake. She waited patiently and watched the man talking on his phone while he waited for his large order. His dark gray slacks and dark blue button-down shirt were an indication that the man had good taste in clothes and money because what he wore was not what one would call inexpensive. His black leather dress shoes were also high-end.

Gia couldn't help herself. She let her eyes wonder down the man's body and she had to admit that she liked his broad shoulders and his wide back. The shirt he wore didn't do much on concealing his muscular body. The rolled-up sleeves to the top of his forearms revealed the corded muscles that wrapped around him. His large hands were smooth, and his fingernails were clean and short. His waist was narrow, and his legs had to be muscled as the rest of him was. Gia was unable to pull her eyes away from the fine specimen that was before her. When her eyes reached his groin, she began to wonder what he might have hidden in there and if he knew how to use it correctly. He had to be in his early thirty's, she thought letting her eyes wander back up to where his shirt had two buttons undone letting his chest peek out some. No hair, she noticed and smiled. She wasn't fond of a man with hair on his chest. Gio had some hair on his chest but not matted.

The man leaned in some and whispered to her, "If you keep eyeballing me the way you are I might have to ask you for your number."

Gia looked up at him and smiled. He smelled divine. It was a combination of something sweet and the smell of the ocean.

"You can ask but it doesn't mean I will give it to you," she whispered right back letting her lips get close to his cheek.

He turned his face the slightest bit and nearly kissed her. "You're a very beautiful woman. Your husband is a lucky man."

Gia smiled. He was smooth.

"Not married. You better hurry, I'm sure your wife is looking for you." She kept her voice low still playing his whisper game.

"Not married," he repeated back to her. He reached inside his pants' pocket and pulled out a business card and handed it to her. "If you decide to give me your number. I'll be waiting for your call."

Gia watched him walk away with his large order of Funnel cakes and smiled.

***

Giovanni made his way to Gia's new office and knocked before going in. He didn't wait to be shown in, he just announced his presence and let himself in and closed the door behind him.

He swallowed hard seeing Gia standing by the glass wall in the back. The black pencil skirt she wore hugged her in all the right places. Her lilac-colored blouse hung somewhat loose on her but contoured the shape of her full breasts perfectly. He could feel his dick harden just by looking at her. The last few weeks without her had been hell but there was nothing he could do about it now. She had cut the bond between the families.

Gia turned around apparently not having heard the knock on her door because she was surprised to see Gio standing there in the middle of her office.

"What are you doing here?" she asked not moving a muscle. She didn't trust herself around him. All she had done every single night since she had broken family ties had been cry on her pillow.