CHAPTER 10

The alarm woke Gia at five in the morning. Gio was gone. He wasn't anywhere in the penthouse, and he wasn't answering his private number either. She called his main number, and he wasn't answering that one either.

She tried not to be scared or panic. She controlled her emotions and got ready for the busy day that awaited her.

She showered and dressed in black pleated slacks with a wide leg at the bottom. She wore a white blouse with a low bow neck that showed the swells of her breast in a tasteful way. The bow tails reached her belt, and the long sleeves were puffy making the blouse very sexy and comfortable. She put all her techy jewelry on and made sure that her long waves were tamed deciding to wear her hair down letting it dry naturally. Her make-up was minimal as she always wore it, and her lips were stained a burnt rose. After putting her black leather Mary Jane pumps on she put her phone in her pocket and grabbed her keys and walked out of the penthouse.

Marco and Gino waited for her in the garage ready to take her to the house that used to be her father's. That is where she had asked all the ranks to meet. After dealing with them she would head out to the safe house and deal with the women. She was not going to go home that day unless she knew who the rat was. No one would go home that day until the rat was flushed out and dealt with.

The metal gate opened the moment the SUV appeared. Two armed guards stood on either side of it and two more armed guards approached the vehicle and waited for Marco to roll the window down.

"Good morning, Boss," one of the guards said, looking back at Gia who sat behind the passenger's seat.

"Everyone here?" Gia looked at him and waited for his answer.

"Giovanni will arrive later. Anthony is inside waiting as are all the ranks."

"No one leaves without my say so," she ordered, and the vehicle began to move again.

The drive to the house took less than two minutes. Marco parked the SUV in front and turned the engine off. Gia moved to the middle of the seat and put her hands on their shoulder and looked straight ahead knowing that they were looking at her. "I don't trust many people. I want to trust you. If you say you're not the rat, I believe you. If I find out different. I will not kill you. I will find your loved ones and wound them enough to make them die a painful and slow death in front of you knowing that you caused their deaths."

"Not a Benedetti by blood but by heart," they both said, showing their brands.

Gia smiled and patted them on the shoulder.

Marco got out first then Gino who opened her door and held a hand for her to take as she stepped out of the vehicle.

"I want you both by my side the whole time. No one gets near me today and that includes Anthony and Gio."

A "Yes Boss" came from the two men whose faces beamed with pride at that moment.

Gia walked inside her father's house and went straight to the basement where all the ranks were gathered. Anthony stood near the door and saw Gia with Marco and Gino on either side of her and understood he was to keep away. The captains were present, they all gave her a nod of their head and placed their right arms where the brand was over their heart showing their loyalty to her and the Family. The ten managers of all her businesses were there who greeted her the same way. The Sergeants of the Captains who watched over the crew were there and greeted her as well.

Twenty people were gathered in the basement and would have been twenty-one if Gio had been there like he was supposed to.

Gia walked back to the small office her father had down in the basement and closed the door leaving Marco and Gino guarding it. She took her phone out one more time and dialed Gio's private number and he answered on the second ring.