CHAPTER 12

Gia learned that Gino was a widower. He had lost his young wife due to the heart condition she had been born with. Marco wasn't married but dating a girl that had no idea who he really was.

Gino Cipriano was a tall man, standing at six feet three inches with chestnut hair and big brown eyes while Marco Domenici stood at six feet two inches with black hair and green eyes. Both men were handsome and both were in their late twenties.

"Do you plan to marry this girl, Marco?" Gia asked, taking a spoon of her hot fudge sundae.

"I don't know. Boss. I like her and she's fun but I don't think she's cut out for this kind of life."

"Cut her loose and date someone from our world, Marco. Save me the trouble of having to deal with her, please."

Gino snickered and swallowed his ice-cream hard when Gia looked at him with a questioning look.

"Sorry Boss meant no disrespect. I've been telling Marco the same thing for two weeks now."

"Well, I guess I'll cut her loose then. No point in getting the girl killed just because she gives good head." Marco choked on his words the moment they were out, and Gino did the same with his ice-cream. Both men paled remembering who they were with.

Gia laughed so hard she almost choked herself. "Relax, I happen to know that giving good head is a requirement for women to become part of this Family. I believe my father instilled that rule years ago," she jested.

Both men laughed with Gia and relaxed. "I want to meet your women before you decide to take the next step. There's no need to bring weak women into the fold if they're from the normal world. I believe my father used to do that with all his members, right?"

"Yeah, he did," Gino said, scrapping the bowl of his ice-cream trying to get every last bit of it.

"Well, let it be known that it will continue."

Marco and Gino nodded their heads, and both their cell phones began to ring again.

They both answered and Gino had Anthony on the phone and Marco had Gio on the phone both demanding to speak to Gia.

"Is it business?" she asked them both.

Marco shook his head no and Gia told him to hang up. Gino nodded his head yes and Gia took his phone.

"What is it, Anthony?"

"Dominic Calabrese wants a sit down with the Boss to talk business," he said.

"What kind of business?" Gia took the last bite of her sundae and Gino discarded all the trash in a bin.

"It seems he likes the way Bruno's Place is run and the Treasure Chest and he wants to start a high-end night club, but he doesn't have all the capital he needs."

"Why would I want to do business with Calabrese? His Family is low on the totem pole, and it sounds like he's having financial difficulties. What can he offer me?" Gia motioned to the boys that it was time to leave. They walked next to her on either side as they made their way back to the SUV.

Anthony sighed and kept relaying his conversation with Calabrese to her. "Honey, I have no idea what the end game is with Calabrese. I'll have Jacob check out his financials and I'll have the head of security check out everything else. When are you getting back here? Gio is fuming and cursing to high heaven. What the hell happened?"

"Let's just say that we had a little discussion where he is wrong and needs time to realize that. I'm heading back now. Did you need me at the restaurant?"