CHAPTER 17

Gio held his hands up and sat back down. He was so turned on at that moment he wished Anthony wasn't in the room. Bruno would have been the proudest of father's, he thought. They had done everything they had to do to keep the truth from her and she had found out anyway.

Gio had warned Bruno, but he had laughed and told him that Giada might be a smart woman, but she was a woman nonetheless and her head wouldn't be in the 'business' like a man's head would. That was why he had left Anthony and Giovanni as acting Bosses to keep Giada hidden and safe, but it had in all honestly been for them to run the organization alongside her without raising too many questions on her part.

Bruno had failed miserably. Giovanni started to laugh and then stopped realizing that Gia was angry enough to shoot him again.

"As I was saying, since I was supposed to marry the head of the Drago Family and then I come to find out that I was being raised and trained to marry Giovanni Conti...sorry, Giovanni Drago, I did my math added two and two together and finally got four and not five like you idiots thought I would. When were you going to tell me, you were the eldest twin of Domenico Drago?" Gia tossed him the papers that Jacob had sent her.

Giovanni took the copy of his birth certificate and high school transcripts and even his college graduation picture with a girl he had no idea who she was.

Well damn, he thought. There was no way of spinning it or fixing it. The truth was the only way out of the damn hole he and Bruno and his grandfather had dug for him.

"Honey, please—"

Gia threw her stapler at him, and Anthony caught it before it hit him square in the head. "Were you supposed to fuck me to keep me occupied and distracted enough so I wouldn't go sniffing around?"

"He wasn't supposed to fuck you at all. He was supposed to keep you safe and play the front he has been playing as Boss. I was supposed to be the only man to ever touch you. You're mine, Giada. Always have been," Gio said, glaring at Anthony.

Gia picked up her cell phone from her desk and dialed Gino's number. He picked up on the second ring.

"Boss?"

"All three in my office now," she said and hung up.

"What are you doing, Giada?" Gio asked her with worry laced in his tone.

"I'm taking control of my life Mr. Drago." Her calm tone was laced with venom, and it was directed at him.

Her guards walked inside the office and saw Gio and Anthony being held at gun point by their Boss. They were sure that shit had hit the fan.

"You do realize that it doesn't matter if I marry you or not. I will always be Boss and head of this Family by blood and by heart. Marriage to you will not take that away from me."

"It was never intended to take it away from you. It was intended to unite our Families and make a bond that not even God himself could break," Gio said with sadness in his eyes. He had hurt her, although he could not see it, he heard it in every angry word that came out of her beautiful mouth.

"Well, now. That's good to know. I suggest you go home to your Family Mr. Drago and take your lackey with you. If I see you again, I will not hesitate to shoot you. Oh, and take that brand off your arms, you don't deserve to bear it." Gia walked out of her office with her guards behind her and Gio screaming for her to come back.

Trent held the door open for her and closed it after she got inside. All three men got inside, and Marco took off as fast as the SUV would allow him to.