CHAPTER 6

Gia was going over the week's menus when her cell phone began to ring. She didn't recognize the number and decided not to answer and cut the call. A few moments later it rang again, and it was the same unknown number and she again cut the call. She put her phone in the pocket of her dark gray dress slacks and walked out with the menus she had approved. She trusted her chefs and her staff completely, otherwise they wouldn't be working for her.

The one she was worried about was Tatiana. She was only twenty, five years younger than her but she had lived in the normal world, not the underworld and she had no idea what the men were like.

Sure, in the normal world men were asshole's as well but they didn't kill women who got too clingy that didn't get the message to back off. Anthony was a great man, a fantastic lover, and an even better friend but he was not above killing a woman for not grasping the fact of what a simple fuck was.

Tatiana was struggling with that fact and Gia was afraid the young woman would end up face down in the dirt.

It was Anthony's own fault for not keeping his dick in his pants with her staff, but the woman was very pretty, and her innocence was what attracted Anthony to her. Innocent women were like virgins to men like Anthony and Dante, but they were only good for one thing and that was to be used thoroughly and then tossed aside. It wasn't ideal and it was disrespectful, but it was the way of their world. Women were only good for fucking, keeping a house in order, keeping her man satisfied and stress free and making babies.

Women weren't supposed to run an Organization, let alone the second largest and the second most powerful Organization in the country. Women didn't take over for their father. Women didn't kill men or women to get the job done and protect the Family. Women didn't do all those things...Gia did however do all those things. She had been raised to take over and she had done just that when her father had died. She was behind the curtains much like the wizard in Oz. It wasn't lost on her that the wizard was found out and she knew that she would be too but when that happened, she would have the kind of protection that was untouchable.

Her father had been a very smart man. He had seen how Donato, Dante's grandfather, had slowly weeded out the Commission until none was left. He had taken the power and given it to his Family making the Drago's the most powerful family in the world, making Donato a Godfather and every Family knew it. They didn't like it, but it was the way it was, and Bruno knew it would happen and he had set his plan in motion the day his wife had died, leaving Giada behind.

The hour that he had held his daughter, Bruno had devised a plan. A plan that would tip the scales in the Benedetti's Family favor when all was said and done. The moment Bruno had handed Giada over to Giuliana, that baby girl had become Gia Summers and her life had been planned out.

Now, Gia found herself wondering what her life would have been like had she been born a man. She would be out in the open taking over her father's Organization. She would be a MADE man. She was however untouchable being the Benedetti heir. It was a privilege and a curse.

As a woman heir, the man she married would take her Organization and merge it with his own making him that much more powerful but being the heir and the Boss, her Organization wouldn't merge with the man she married. It would stand on its own, but the two Families would be connected and under an unbreakable protection for life.

Divorce did not exist in their world. It was simply not done. It wasn't like the normal world where a man got tired of his wife, or a wife got tired of her husband, and they filed for divorce. It was much more complicated than that. A man from the underworld who married a woman from the normal world could divorce her and she could divorce him as well, if he or she lived to see the divorce, but a man from the underworld who married a woman from the underworld was bound for life to that woman and vice versa.