CHAPTER 9

The day her father died was the day that Gio came to see her. Seven long years had passed and he changed. He had become more handsome and had a distinguished air about him. His shoulders had become broader and his chest wider and his muscles were bigger and he stood at six feet four inches dwarfing her. He wore his hair slicked back making his dark green eyes more visible. His high cheek bones and angular jaw and his straight, thin nose gave him a regal look that made women stop and stare at the man wherever he went.

To say he was sexy would be a crime. Giovanni was more than sexy. He was a handsome man that screamed of virility and good taste and a sensitivity that most men did not possess. He understood what it felt like to be a woman in a man's world. He understood what it felt like to be a woman in their world and that was why he had made sure that Gia was prepared for when the day came for her to step up.

"What are you thinking about?" Gio asked her, knowing that she was still awake. She was still having insomnia bouts and that worried him.

"I was thinking about how you disappeared when I turned eighteen. I waited for you the whole night and you never came." Gia sat up in bed leaving his warm and comfortable arms. She was beginning to feel angry at him for some strange reason. It had happened seven years ago.

Gio sat up and leaned against the headboard on the lavender pillows he arranged. Gia loved lavender.

"Then I started to think that you were probably fucking some woman and were too busy to come see a stupid eighteen-year-old girl." She left the bed not wanting to be near him at that moment.

Gio let her talk. He had been expecting it. He knew that she would start reproaching him his absence eventually.

"Where the hell were you that night? I waited all night wearing that black and lavender dress you sent me. I even made your favorite food. You didn't show and the food went to waste."

Gio couldn't help but smile knowing that she had gone to all that trouble. He had meant to show up, but business had gotten in the way and that night he was with another woman, but his thoughts were of Gia. Every time he had slammed into that faceless woman he had thought of Gia and nothing more. He had been a tortured man for so long.

What was a thirty-year-old man supposed to do with a young woman of fifteen with a body of a siren? She was off limits. He had to keep reminding himself that Gia was off limits until she turned eighteen. He had waited patiently and had removed himself as much as he could from her life physically, but he had never really left her. He knew all her moves and whereabouts. He knew when she slept and when she didn't. He even knew when Anthony had fucked her for the first time and it had nearly driven him insane, but it had to happen. It was always part of the plan. Raising her to be who she was had been the main part of the plan. Her father had thought of everything. He had left nothing to chance.

Gia had to learn how to be detached emotionally when it was needed, or she would never be the Boss that the Benedetti Organization needed. She had to become closed off from deep feelings and learn to handle them when they arose. She had to be able to think quick on her feet and react. She had to learn how to handle stress and that was where Anthony came in.

He had taught her that women could act like men as long as it was in a discreet manner. No matter how much the world had changed in the last twenty years, people living in 2025 weren't ready still for a woman to behave like a man when it came to sex. Women were not supposed to have a fuck buddy without any sentimental attachments to him. Women were not supposed to fuck more than one man at a time just because it was enjoyable. Women were not supposed to do what Gia did behind closed doors with Anthony.