CHAPTER 37

Gio stood before her with an evil glint in his eyes. He raked her body over and over with lascivious eyes making her skin crawl. There was something completely wrong about him. Everything was off. His walk, his stance, his hair, even the look in his eyes was wrong.

"I believe you're trying to figure things out and I'm sure you will too. I always said that you would be a liability not an asset. That fucking determination of yours has always rubbed me the wrong way," he said, getting closer to her.

Even his smell was wrong, she thought as she breathed in his sweet cologne mixed with the smell of acrid sweat.

Gio had never smelled like that, not even after a hard workout at the gym. He had smelled of sweet sweat and his fresh cologne and the sweet stench of his cigars not spicy and acrid. It was a horrible smell, it almost smelled like cheap whore perfume.

Her eyes went wide when realization hit her smack in the middle of her face. The stench that Dante always seemed to have on him was the same smell filling her nose now. "Gian-Carlo? But you died when I was ten," Gia said looking at Gio's exact copy.

"I did die and by your father's hand no less. A crime that no one ever found out about. A crime that you will pay for with your life. How does that saying go about the child paying for the sins of the father?"

Gia assumed it was a rhetorical question and did not answer. She was in pure shock. She didn't know what to say so she kept quiet. Men like Gian-Carlo and Dante always revealed more than they should just to hear themselves talk. She remembered her father saying that once.

"Tell me Giada, was it worth it?" Gian-Carlo moved closer to her making her stomach churn from his stench.

"Was what worth it?"

"Leaving my brother and taking up with a fucking Scott? Was it worth it? Does he fuck you like Gio did? Does he make you cum screaming like Gio did? Is his cock as big as Gio's is?"

He was sick. Gian-Carlo was a sick man, and it was a shame her father hadn't killed him for real. "Yes, it was worth it. And Kade's cock is bigger and better, you fucking loon," Gia said, keeping her voice calm.

"So, choosing one over the other was that simple for you, then? I thought you loved Gio, I though your heart belonged to him and now you roll around like a whore with another man while my brother is still in love with you."

Gia hung her head trying to stretch out the muscles in her neck and shoulders. Muffled voices and shuffling made her lift her head back up and her heart nearly jumped to her throat when Gio and Kade were both dragged inside by two men each who were struggling to keep the large men under control.

"So, Giada, choose who lives and who dies," Gian-Carlo said with a menacing look in his eyes.

He was crazy! She was not going to choose. He wouldn't kill his own brother...would he?

Gian-Carlo raised his hand and dropped it hard on her face knocking her head to the side.

Kade and Gio both screamed out muffled cries of outrage and curses at Gian-Carlo.

"Choose!" he screamed at her.

"You! you fucking die! I choose you!" she screamed right back at him.

He laughed a maniacal laugh, showing that the man had truly come unhinged. His mind was swimming in a sea of madness.

Gia was truly scared now. She would not choose between the man she once loved or the man that might possibly be the father of her child.

It was an impossible choice. She would not make it; she could not choose. Her face throbbed from the hit and her heart raced with fear.