40. Epilogue

Alek
____________________________

"Where do you think you're going, baby boy?" I chuckled as Noah got up from the couch and ran across the living room, bouncing on his heels in excitement.

"Don't you want to watch your favorite show?"

"No! You have catch me first, Papacha! We play tag!"

"You think you're faster than papochka?" I raised my brow, challenging him playfully.

"Mhmm! I'm the fastest ever. No one ever be faster than me. I. . . I faster than lightning!" He giggled. "Come onnn, try catch me!"

"That's pretty fast, sweetheart. I don't know if I believe you." I smirked, leaning forwards, readying myself to get up.

He gasped. "You no believe me?!"

"I don't know. . . Why don't you show papochka how fast you can go." I got up from my seat, lunging towards my baby boy.

"Ahhh! Hey! I no ready!" He screamed, running around the coffee table, then behind the couch.

"It's not always about playing fair, baby boy. Better get moving."

I quickly jumped over the couch, and chased Noah into the kitchen.

"That cheating! You not allowed jump over stuff!"

"You didn't give me any rules to go by." I ran around the island, only to slip on my ass as I rounded the corner. Stupid socks.

Noah was clutching in stomach as he howled in laugher. His eyes were watering from all his silly giggling.

"You. . . You okay, papacha?" He held his hand over his lips to stop another giggle, but it didn't work in his favor.

"My pain is funny to you, yes?" I grinned. "You better run because papochka is going to get you."

I pushed myself up from the floor, and Noah went running out the back yard. It was wide open, and Noah had no where to go. I ran forwards and caught my boy, lifting him in my arms as I spun him around in circles.

"Told you I would catch you, sweetheart."

"You were supposed to let me win! That not fair!" He pouted, squirming in my arms.

"Oh, I was? I'm sorry baby boy." I spoke sarcastically, throwing Noah's small figure over my shoulder.

"Put down! Hey!" He wiggled around, but I just held on tighter. "Why you always put me upside down, big meanie!"

"Let's go watch a movie. We can play a board game if you want, hm?"

"Ooh we play snake and ladders! That my favorite!"

"Okay, sweetheart." I smiled, setting Noah down on the couch.

I was just walking back to the living room when there was a knock on the front door.

I wasn't surprised to see Anthony, Julian, Chris and Fox standing behind it.

"Hey, guys." I smiled. "What're you doing here?"