27.

After our breakfast, we spent the rest of the day watching movies. I couldn't stop thinking about everything no matter how hard I tried.

From losing my job at my favorite place in the world, to Alek's brother trying to kill us, and I also can't forget how Alek walked out on me after we had sex.

It's probably good I don't remember anything right now.

On the bright side, I do understand his reasoning behind it, so if my memory does come back, I have to remember to tell myself not to be upset with him.

I'm tired of us taking one step forwards and fifty more back.

I trust the guys to handle the situation with Alek's brother, so my main focus now is loving Alek. I've been stressed out and in little space too many times to count this past month. Even though giving him all of myself means I have to be open and vulnerable, that's what I'm going to do. No more back and forth, and no more walking out on each other.

I'm going to do my absolute best to keep hold of my emotions.

Chris and Fox fell asleep beside one another on the mattress we laid out in the movie room. Me on the other hand, I was restless and couldn't handle it anymore. It was late and I couldn't sleep, so I wandered out to find Alek.

I searched in the living room, his bedroom and downstairs, but there was no one there.

My last resort was the back yard, and there they were. The three of them sitting around a fire together.

Quietly, I walked towards them. I felt awkward and uncomfortable because it was so silent, but my need to be near my daddy was too much to bear.

"U—Um, daddy? Can I sit with you?" I stammered, squeezing Mr. Snuggles to my chest.

Alek was startled, but his expression of fear quickly changed into a really handsome smile.

"Hello, malysh. Of course you can sit with Daddy." He smiled warmly, opening up his arms for me.

"We should probably head to bed anyways. Come on, Anthony." Julian finished his beer and started walking inside, Anthony following behind.

I curled my body into Alek's; both of his arms holding me tightly to his chest.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asked lowly, kissing the top of my head.

"No. . . You?"

"Nope. Tried for a bit, but my body is just too restless for sleep."

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Today was a lot to take in." I sighed. "Daddy?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"I'm sorry for thinking the worst of you. I should have been on your side from day one and I wasn't." I breathed out and changed my position to straddle him. It didn't feel right not seeing his face when I spoke.

"Noah, it's—"

"Please let me finish, daddy."

Alek nodded, brushing my hair behind my ear. I swear he does that just to make me blush!

"Daddy, focus!" I tried to say it sternly, but I made myself giggle.

"Just one kiss and you can continue." Alek answered teasingly.

"We can kiss after! I had a whole speech planned, let me finish it please!" I pouted; my confidence beginning to whither away. "A—All you've done this entire time is try to protect me, and me being the stubborn person I am. . . I didn't see it that way. I was so quick to paint you out to be the bad guy when in reality, you're far from it. I've just been hurt before and it's hard to trust people have my good intentions. . . Yes, you maybe don't think some things through, but from the bottom of my heart I know you're not meaning any harm. Not to me, or our friends."