21.

Noah

When I woke up in the morning I still felt like I didn't get any sleep. My head felt fuzzy, my throat was dry and my body felt like it weighed a thousand pounds! My phone alarm woke me up. I wanted to press snooze and fall back asleep, but I have to work at Daisy's later and I want to go see Anthony before I do that.

As I discreetly slid out of Alek's bed, I looked down at my body, just now realizing I had absolutely no clothes on. Then I remembered what we did in bed last night. . . I don't know what came over me. God, he put his tongue inside— I shook my head and rubbed my eyes.

I was determined to get out of here without waking Alek. One, because he looks so handsome when he sleeps and two, I don't want him to see how upset I am. From slipping into little space, to the car almost killing us, to me being embarrassingly needy in the middle of the night.

I'm embarrassed, confused and a little bit scared.

People don't try to run you off a road unless you have a problem with them.

Going behind Alek's back isn't something I want to do, but I don't feel like I have a choice. I love him, but I don't want to be in a relationship where I'm going to get hurt again. Yes, Adam hurt me, but not to the point I thought I could lose my life.

I want to trust Alek to protect me, but I just don't know. I need to know the truth and I need to make myself be strong. I can't keep slipping into little space and I need to learn to talk about my feelings. . . And what if I died without having Mr. Snuggles? Then he would be stuck in this world without me. I not only need to protect myself, but Mr. Snuggles too. And Mr. Lion and Mrs. Cuddles.

Okay, getting sidetracked.

I finished putting on my clothes from last night and snuck out of the room. It was really really hard not to kiss him before I left, but I kept telling myself I was mad at him, even though after last night it was hard to be mad. Not the car thing, the late night um. . . Activities. I called Anthony and asked if he would pick me up and thankfully he said yes. I didn't want to get the 'I told you so' from Chris because that would probably make me cry. Sometimes I really hate being so emotional.

I waited on the street a short ways away from Alek's house. I didn't want him to see me standing outside then he'd question me and it wouldn't be good.

I really regret not bringing my sweater from home too.

I was happy I didn't have to wait too long for Anthony to show up and when he did, I practically sprinted to his truck and blasted the heat as high as it could go.

"Thank you for picking me up!" I smiled.

"It's no problem, Noah. Why didn't you want Chris to get you? You two are best friends."

"Um, I didn't want him to make fun of me or make me feel bad. . . Something happened last night and it was really scary." I frowned.

"Did he hurt you?" Anthony asked angrily, slamming the breaks of the truck. I flew forwards, but used my arm to stop my face from hitting the dash.

"Do you really have to keep doing that?" I glared.

"Answer me, did he hurt you?"