20.

My eyes locked on to the bright set of headlights coming directly for us as Alek sped through the streetlight.

I screamed like never before.

This is it, this is where I die.

The lights blinded me; I froze in a state of fear. I could feel my very soul itself ejecting from my body.

It wasn't until the very last second that Alek swerved out of the way, just missing the car by a hair.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pulled my legs up on the seat, hiding my face and encompassing myself in darkness.

I tuned everything out and focused on my breathing. I didn't want to think about what was going on or what just happened. I couldn't think about it. There's so many questions I have and it's not something I can deal with right now. The only thought that kept clouding my brain was that maybe Chris was right.

So I did what I do best and shut everything off.

I didn't move until I felt a hand in my shoulder.

"Don't touch!" I scrunched my eyebrows into a frown, rubbing my eyes as they tried adjusting to the light.

"I go home! Take home!"

"Sweetheart, I can't do that. I'm sorry but it's not safe."
He sighed. "I have snacks inside, do you want a snack? I promise you'll love it."

"What kind snack?"

"I have fruit—"

I grimaced.

"Okay, no fruit. I have chips, chocolate, I have fruit snacks and lots of juice too." He smiled.

"I—I want Mr. Snuggle! He make me feel safe."

Alek looked down with a sad face. "I can't get him tonight, but I will go first thing in the morning if you'd like me to. I'm sorry sweet boy."

My eyes felt watery when I looked up at him. "B-But I want him." I cried.

"We'll figure that out after, okay? Just please, come inside with me."

I angrily stuck my tongue out at him and opened the car door, stomping my feet until I standed at the house door in the garage.

I crossed my arms and gave him an angry look.

"Hurry, I want snack!" I stomped my foot and pouted.

"Stop with the attitude, Noah. I promise you will get your snack. Now, when we get inside you're going to go sit on the couch and you're going to stay there. Do you understand?"

"Don't tell me what do." I huffed.

"If you want your snack, you'll do as I ask. I know you're upset and confused sweetheart, but I need you to calm down. Can you do that for me?"

"Up. I want up." I holded my hands out and squeezed my fingers together.

"You want me to carry you?"

I giggled and nodded repeatedly.

"Mhmm! Up, up!"

"What are you laughing at?" Alek smiled and lifted me in his arms.

"You had weally big eyes w-when you look at me! It look so silly."

"Oh and that's funny to you, huh? You're such a silly boy." Alek holded me close and I set my head on his shoulder. My head was bouncing so much it feel like I was on a rollercoaster! I snuggled closer and it was more comfy. He also smelled so yummy!

"You really pwetty." I whispered.

Before I knew it he setted me down on a couch and kissed my forehead. I giggled and wiped the wetness from my skin. When he left me alone I looked up at the light on the roof and the light made me feel like I was back in the car again! I didn't like it so I closed my eyes and counted to ten.