13.

"Chris!" I yelled as I ran inside their house. "Chris where are you!"

"Shh, i'm right here, I got you." He spoke soothingly and hugged me.

"I sorry I such a bother." I cried.

"No, you're not a bother Noah. Like I've told you, we're always here for you, no matter what." He kissed my head and I hugged him tighter. "And I'll keep telling you that until you understand. Let's go get you into something comfy, okay?"

"Mhmm." I nodded. Chris held my hand and led me up to my room. He grabbed me a clean pair of fuzzy pajama bottoms that had little bunny rabbits on them and a matching shirt.

"I love these ones!"

"How are your legs feeling?" Chris asked.

"Ummm, they hurt, but not like earlier. She hurt me bad."

"Oh no, don't cry. It's okay, you're going to be fine. Can I see your legs?"

"Y-Ya." I standed up and pushed my pants to the floor.

"They really red. Will they fall off? I don't wanna lose legs, Chris! What if I no legs?"

"Noah, look at me."

Through watery eyes I looked up at Chris and sniffled.

"Your legs aren't going anywhere. They're just a little red, but they'll be okay buddy." He wiped my eyes dry.

"P-Pwomise?" I held out my pink finger.

"Promise."

Chris helped clean off my legs with a cold cloth then helped me into my clothes and we went back downstairs together.

"Do you want something to eat? Chris had me pick these up from the store for you." Anthony was just walking through the front door when he pulled out a big box that had my mouth watering and my tummy grumbling!

"Dino nuggets?!" I shrieked excitedly. "Those my favorite!"

"Then it's settled. You sit on the couch, I'll get us some juice and Anthony will make some food!" Chris led me to the couch. I crossed my legs and set my hands in my lap while I waited.

When Chris came back he had the blanket from my room, Mr. Snuggles and two big cups of juice!

"Thank you Chris!" I wrapped myself in my blankie and tucked Mr. Snuggles inside to keep him warm.

"You're my best friend." I giggled happily to Chris and grabbed my juice with two hands to take a sip.

"Yummy, this is good!"

"I had a feeling you'd like it." Chris smiled. "You've got a sweet tooth just like me."

"Your hair so curly today. It looks like ummm a spinny noodle! But a pretty noodle! Oh! Or a curly fwy." I giggled, poking one of the bouncy curls.

"A noodle?! Noodles aren't pretty, Noah! Neither are curly fries!" He said dramatically, putting his hand over his heart. "I declare this friendship over!"

"No! No, I take back. I take back! Bestfwiends don't leave."

"I'm kidding buddy, we'll always be friends. Are you feeling okay? Do you need anything else?"

"No, just you. I a little sad."

"I know you are. . . You really like him, don't you."

"Y-Yeah. I want him to b-be my daddy. I wanted him take care of me but n-no one want to love me."

"I know you feel alone buddy, but I promise you won't feel like that always, okay? For now me and Anthony are happy to take care of you when you're little. Now come cuddle." Chris opened his arms and I laid down with my head on his lap.