38.

Noah
____________________________

Three months ago me and Daddy moved into our new home. The first month was so perfect, but I just knew it was too good to be true.

One month ago today we were woken up in the middle of the night by someone knocking really loudly on our front door.

Daddy went down with a baseball bat secured tightly in his hands. He told me to stay, but I couldn't let him go alone. I knew I wouldn't be much help, but I wasn't going to stay in the bedroom and risk him getting hurt, so I stayed glued to Daddy's back the entire time for protection.

The man standing behind the door didn't look familiar, but it wasn't hard to miss the similar facial qualities we shared.

My birth father, the man I've never met, showed up on our front porch drunker than any person I've ever seen in my life. He called me and Daddy so many names. He even said the F word. He started blaming us for the death of my birth mom, and he admitted to stalking me for Viktor because he offered him lots of money, but he didn't get it because Viktor died.

He was so intoxicated that he admitted he came to our house that night to kill me. He was screaming at us, saying it was my fault my birth mom was killed. I didn't know how it could be my fault because I've never even met either of them. They were the ones who didn't want me, and they took money from a complete stranger to stalk the son they abandoned.

I knew it was their fault, but his words really stuck in my head. I couldn't say I was surprised though because Viktor found and well. . .  hurt my real mom and dad. Viktor would do anything to hurt me and Daddy, and he did. He still was even after he was dead.

The man tried stabbing me with a really big kitchen knife, but Daddy tackled him to the ground and held him down while he told me to call the police. He didn't put up a big fight either because of the alcohol. He was so drunk he couldn't even function.

The police were really fast too, it was only a handful of minutes until policemen showed up and took him away from us.

We spent three hours getting questioned, and by the time we were done, I was so tired.

The icing on the cake was when I finally took notice to my garden and my flowers. . . The mean man destroyed it all. They were all stomped on, squished, and ripped out of the ground. Nothing was salvageable.

I broke down in tears, so Daddy carried me up to our bedroom and cuddled me all night until I fell asleep, but when I woke up in the morning he wasn't in bed with me. I felt so nervous when I didn't find him in the kitchen, bathroom, or the living room, but my heart stopped when I checked out the front door.

Daddy was in nothing but a pair of his sexy sweatpants. He didn't even have a shirt on. He was digging up my ruined garden, cleaning it for me so I could replant everything.

In that moment, I knew Daddy was going to be my husband.

I ran over to my Daddy in my fuzzy pajamas and tackled him to the ground.

"Well good morning to you too. I didn't think you'd be awake yet." Daddy laughed, dropping the bag in his hands so he could wrap his arms around me. "You're going to get dirt all over you, sweetheart."

I sat with my bum on Daddy's tummy, not allowing him to move. The words came tumbling from my mouth, without double thinking if it was the right thing to say.