7.

A/N - A long chapter for today🖤
____________________________

"So what did you think of that one?" Fox asked as he pulled into the Starbucks parking lot.

"Too many windows." I grimaced.

The thought of people watching me through my windows freaks me out. No thanks. The windows in the entire place were basically floor to ceiling and there was no place to even put curtains! How stupid.

"What about the first one we went to?" Chris questioned.

"That one was too big, Chris. It's huge and way too expensive for me. It doesn't need to be anything crazy either. I like smaller places because it's easier to find everything that way."

"Okay fine. We'll look at some cheaper ones." Chris sighed. "But it's going to be some place safe, you know theft can get pretty bad here if you're not careful."

"Ooh, how about this! Two bedroom, not too big, has a gorgeous patio and it looks like it even has a little garden!" Fox said. "It looks perfect for you, and it's in a good area!"

Fox held his phone out to me and scrolled through the photos. He's right, it really did look beautiful!

"I would like to have a garden."Everything looks updated, not too many windows, a nice bathtub, It's perfect!

"I've decided. That's the one I want! Can we call and put a deposit on it?" I said to Chris, a hint of excitement in my voice, but then I got a tickle in my throat and started coughing. I hate being sick!

"Here, have some water." Chris held out a bottle to me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Don't you want to see it first though?" He asked.

"No, I know I want it and if I don't like it, I'll deal with it." I shrugged. "It's nicer than my old apartment so I can't complain."

"Okay. I'll get it all set up!" Fox said, taking back his phone.

"Oh! We need to get you some furniture too! Wanna go shopping? It's on me."

"Chris, you're already doing so much for me." I sighed, feeling guilty. I hate taking things from people, it just doesn't feel right. He's already helping me pay for an apartment!

"And? With mine and Anthony's incomes we're like, rich. Like I could buy five houses and not make a dent in my bank account rich. Not trying to brag." He giggled. "I won't force you to say yes, but you should. I really wanna go shopping too soo. . . "

"please please please say yes. I love shopping, Noah. Plea—" Fox whined.

"Oh my goodness, okay. We'll go shopping!" I laughed. "You're both so annoying, you know that?"

"Well you love us sooo, don't care. Best friends are supposed to be annoying."

"At least let me buy the drinks." I said, reaching into my wallet. "One of you are going in though. You always get the weirdest things and I can never remember them." I laughed.

"Because I see all of those videos online and I have to try them! Don't judge me." Chris glared, giving me the finger.

"If you keep frowning like that you're going to give yourself wrinkles." I stated with a grin.

"Whatever nerd!" He stuck his tongue out and snatched the bank card from my hands.

"You're a jerk!" I shouted, causing myself to cough again. I literally sound like a smoker, but I've never smoked a single cigarette in my life!