Chapter 30: Betrayal in Our Midst

"Albus. Felicia." It said again. Albus spun around to face Scorpius' grandmother, Narcissa Malfoy. Albus was about to disarm her, or attack her, when she spoke again. "I come in peace. I am not supporting all of this, but I have no choice, or they will kill Draco, Astoria and Scorpius. That can't happen." she said.

"Where's Quinn?" Albus asked.

Narcissa bit her lip. "She's inside. She's currently talking to the Death Eaters."

"Talking? Voluntarily?"

Narcissa nodded. "Yes. As far as I know, though I don't really." she said.

"We have to get inside." he said.

"You can enter disguised. I'll say you are my cousins. I owe you guys big time for having all this happening." she said, and she took out her wand to disguise them.

***

A bit later they entered the Manor, and, after having got a few questions on why they were there, they saw Quinn. She looked the same, talked the same, and acted the same. But she was telling the Death Eaters everything they had spoken about during their moments in the Room of Requirement. As soon as she noticed Albus and Felicia, she seemed to recognize them. Albus expected a sorry, or an excuse of some kind, but she narrowed her eyes.

"Put them in the cellar. It's Potter and Bennett." she said. Albus' eyes widened. Narcissa had to oblige and send them downstairs, and she did.

Albus held onto Felicia very tight, afraid of what would happen. The cellar was cold, damp and dark. In the corner of Albus' eye, Albus swore he saw a reflection of light, but he thought nothing of it.

"A-Albus? I-I'm cold. And s-scared." Felicia shivered.

"I know, Felicia. I know. Me too." he said, and he took her head in his head to kiss her. "But we just have to find a way to get out of here and then we can kill those guys." he said.

Out of nothing, a different voice spoke. It was soft, low, and weak. "You won't be able to get out of here. It's impossible. Unless an elf saves you, there's no way." It was Quinn.

"Quinn... What are you doing here. Where are you? I will kill you!" Albus jumped up, and saw the girl prepped up against the wall. "Quinn? You look-"

"Different?" she scoffed. "Bad? Like a menace? I sure do. I didn't betray you. I was captured a little after the Funeral of my parents. A Death Eater plucked my hair from my head and made a Polyjuice Potion to impersonate me. I couldn't help it. I was weak after their death and-"

"Wait. You've been here all that time?"

"Yes."

"So, you missed out on the whole talk about the Resurrection Stone, and the Elder Wand, and the fact that Tyler came out to his dad, and how he got into the hospital wing shortly after and then we got here and -"

Quinn interrupted. "No I heard you here, but Tyler came out to his dad? What did he say?"

Albus sighed impatiently. "He smacked him a couple of times, and told him he wasn't gay, but we can have this cosy catch-up later. We have to get out of here before anyone murders us. Oh and, something you might want to know, Fred broke up with you. Well, not you, but, oh, you get what I mean."

Quinn gasped. "He broke up with me? What? Why? How? I don't-"

"No time for this either. We need a plan. Does any of you have a wand?"

Quinn interrupted again. "He broke up with me... But no, you can't use a wand. The cellar is Magic-free." she said.

"Okay, I usually don't swear, but FUCK." Albus said, and he looked at the bar door. It looked like a strong metal, so he felt in his pockets for something that could help him. He found a key, an empty chocolate wrapper, a chocolate frog card, a pocket knife that had a file, a saw, and a knife, and a small bottle. He took the small bottle out and recognized the Felix Felicis. He popped it open and handed it to Quinn. "Take a small sip." he ordered, and she did. He did the same with Felicia before drinking the final bit himself. Then he took out the pocket knife and started filing the bar door.

Luckily, it worked. He managed to take out one bar and handed it to Felicia so she could hit people with it. Then he ordered Quinn, who was slightly smaller than he was, to go through the bar and find a key to unlock the door. Albus hoped the Felix Felicis would last long enough.

And it did. It didn't take Quinn long to return with a key, and she opened the door. After she had opened it the three returned to the rather large dining room, where fake Quinn was still sitting and telling. Because of their instant luck they managed to get out of the room without being seen, but Felicia stopped when they were nearly out of the house.

"I kind of want to smack fake Quinn on the head." she said, but Albus shook his head.

"It won't last long enough, don't do it." he warned, but Felicia ignored him and re-entered the room. Quinn turned to Albus.

"Listen, Albus, I need to tell you something. Considering Fred broke up with me, I-" she started, but a loud scream interrupted her. Felicia came running out of the room and took Quinn and Albus' arms, before they disapparated.

They arrived near Hogwarts in a whiff, and both Albus and Felicia were okay after, but Quinn bent over and vomited, so Albus took her hair in his hands.

"Are you okay?" he asked, and she shrugged as she got up again.

She redid her ponytail and turned to Albus and Felicia. "We should return to the castle and talk to your father, Al."

"He's not at the castle anymore.."

She rolled her eyes. "Then we talk to McGonagall, or Professor Longbottom or something." she said, and Albus nodded.

"You're right. But we should go and get some sleep first, tests begin tomorrow." Felicia said, and the three made way to the castle.

***

Okay, I updated a second time! I am still sorry for not updating the previous chapter early but I have a lot to do so don't hate me. I don't know when the next time I update will be, but I promise to update somewhere this week. Though maybe not this weekend, as I'll be in Brussels for the last time =(

I hope you like my book and please tell me anything you miss and ask me any question. I will answer as soon as I see it and I love you guys so much!

Love,

Florence