Chapter 13: Karkaroff Back to Azkaban?

Albus ran through the halls, checking every classroom he passed. He couldn't find McGonagall anywhere close. He jumped over bags and legs of people that were looking through books or waiting for their class to start. People gave him looks, but Albus didn't care. He searched for McGonagall.

He ran towards her office, and slammed it open. She sat there, a stern look on her face.

"Professor." he panted, "Professor, people are in grave danger. Karka-Edgar Lachson has made the class go wild and I don't think Quinn will be able to hold them immobulised for long. Follow me, it's important." he exclaimed, and McGonagall got up and ran after Albus - who was a very quick runner.

"Mr Potter. slow. down!" exclaimed McGonagall, and Albus stopped, then pulled her along with him.

They stopped at the DADA classroom, and Albus slammed the door open. They were all still immobulised, and Quinn sat on Karkaroff's desk, her legs crossed, twirling her wand in her hands. She looked up at Albus and McGonagall - who was unfreezing everyone. Instead of looking at Albus with thanks, they all looked angry at him.

"Edgar, did you cause all of this?" asked McGonagall, and he shook his head.

"Potter did. He wanted to show that he was a famous Potter, and he was willing to attack us all. Then, he put an Imperius curse on everyone except the girl so we would fight each other, but I resisted it." he said, and the people around him nodded.

Albus felt anger boil inside him. "That's not even near the truth, Karkaroff." said Albus, but McGonagall shook her head at him.

"Albus, why?" she asked, but Albus ignored her.

"You actually believe him? He's obviously Igor Karkaroff the Death Eater. His looks, his face. This is the guy that attacked me in Godric's Hollow! Guys, you're still under the Imperius Curse! Snap out of it!" he exclaimed, and Quinn nodded. "Professor, you don't understand, this is Karkaroff!"

Karkaroff looked at Albus, a fake look of sympathy on his face. "Boy, I don't think that Butterbeer did you any good. You sure it didn't attack your braincells?"

Albus glared at him. "I'm healed perfectly fine. I'm sure this is Karkaroff, why don't you believe me?"

"Well, calling your Professor a Death Eater is not very believable."

"But- I told you about Quirrell, and 'Mad-Eye Moody', a-and Umbridge!" exclaimed Albus.

"Albus, I say you get off with this. Professor, can you take off the Imperius curses?" said McGonagall, and Karkaroff nodded.

"This is ridiculous, honestly." mumbled Albus, and McGonagall walked off again.

"Nice job, Potter." said Karkaroff, as soon as she was gone.

Then Albus got an idea. "Let's duel. You and me. If I win, you kill yourself. If you win -"

"You kill your dad." he said, and Albus' eyes widened.

"K-kill my dad?" he asked, and Karkaroff nodded.

"Take it, or break it." he said, and Albus thought. He held his hand behind his back, fingers crossed, and nodded slowly.

"Deal." he said, and Quinn gasped. "Give me a minute." he opened his bag and quickly went through all his spells, like Incarcerous and Langlock.

"Ready?" said Karkaroff, as he whipped out his wand. The people around him made place for them to duel, as Albus took out his wand too.

They eyed each other evilly, and Albus was the first to strike. "Confringo!" he exclaimed, but his curse was stopped by a shield charm cast by Karkaroff. He chuckled, before attacking. "Crucio!"