Chapter 29: Quinn is Gone

OMG I am so sorry I didn't update for over a week, really, sorry. But I am in the final bits and pieces of my schoolyear, and I have so much projects going on: A Greek board game, A presentation about myself, a Dutch book review and comparison with another book, a history essay about people in my family during the second world war, a religion essay on ethnicy, and then I still have to do homework and prepare for the testweek that starts not this friday but the friday after. SCHOOL SUCKS, OKAY? So please don't hate me and I promise that every second I am free I will write and post as much as I can. And, in the summer holidays, that start the 3d of July - well not really but that's when I have a week before the holidays in which there will be nothing to do except returning books and getting my grades - I will update maybe three chapters. I love you guys, and I'm sorry. =(

Quinn seemed off the next day. She was there, but not really there, and every time Albus talked to her she just 'mhm'-ed. Albus found it rather annoying, so he spoke with Felicia during classes. She, however, was acting weird too. She had been acting weird ever since they got back together, as she was constantly being jealous and clingy. But, Albus found it flattering at the same time, as she did like him a lot then. During Charms, when there usually was a chance to talk, Albus spoke to Scorpius, as Rose was talking to Felicia.

"You know what I don't get? How did the Death Eaters know about the places to search? No one but us knew, Me, you, Rose, Quinn, Felicia, Tyler, Luke and my dad. And none of these would ever tell Death Eaters, would they?"

Scorpius shrugged. "The only one I could imagine doing that would be Felicia. Isn't it odd that she's all nice again all of the sudden?"

"Yeah, but she wouldn't do such a thing. I know her."

Scorpius rolled his eyes. "You think you do. I don't trust Felicia that much." he said.

"Oh shut up. She would never do that, I'm sure of it." said Albus, as he read the next sentence in his book.

Scorpius laughed. "You know what, it might as well be me, or you, or Rose, or Quinn, but one of those has to have betrayed us because there is no way they would've found it this quickly otherwise."

Albus looked at him. "Scorpius, there's no way Felicia would do that. What would be her motive? Why would she?"

"Perhaps because she's half a Jones?" Scorpius said, but Albus shook his head.

"I don't believe it." he said.

Scorpius shrugged. "Then don't. But I think it is Felicia." he said.

***

Later that day Albus and the others got together to discuss a plan. Quinn was still acting odd and a bit off but that didn't stop her from coming.

Scorpius spoke first. "Okay, so during Charms today I spoke with Albus and we discussed that there might be a problem considering the fact that the Death Eaters knew about the Elder Wand and Resurrection stone this quickly. Has any of you told someone about all this?" he asked, and Quinn shifted awkwardly. "Quinn? What's wrong?"

"I discussed parts of it." she said.

Everyone looked at her. "With who?" asked Luke.

She paused for a moment. "Fred." Everyone let out a sigh. There was no problem in that.

"Okay, so no one but us knows? Then how did they know..." said Rose. "Anyway, we can't discuss this right now, so we should talk about how we are going to fix this. And with this, I mean the fact that the Death Eaters have a new Dark Lord."

Luke came up with an idea first. "Why don't we find him and kill him before he gets to make Horcruxes?" he said, but Rose shook her head.

"They most likely already have a few of those, and besides, it's their second and probably last chance to have a dark lord." Rose phrased.

Albus shrugged. "Test period is coming up, and I doubt we can fix it right now, so I'm going to study. Anyone with me?" he said, and Felicia jumped up. The rest didn't.

***

After a long afternoon of studying Albus and Felicia returned to the common room, where Fred was pacing. When he noticed Albus he ran up to him.

"Al, have you seen Quinn? I have to talk to her!" he exclaimed. Albus shook his head. "Oh, god. Rose and Scorpius hadn't seen her either, nor had Tyler and Luke. What if something happened?" he asked, and that made Albus worried too.

"When was the last time they saw her?"

"Right after she left you guys. She said something about going outside but no one has seen her."

Albus nodded slowly. "Maybe she's just taking a walk. You broke up with her, she's broken. Why did you even break up with her?"

Fred sighed. "I can't tell you, really. Honestly, you wouldn't understand it."

"Does it have something to do with the Muggle?" asked Albus, but Fred shook his head.

"No. It doesn't. Stop being so nosy. I'm going to look for her." he said, and with that he left the common room and went up to his dorm.

Felicia took Albus' hand. "Relax, she'll be okay. She's really smart. Nothing will happen." she said.

"But what if something will? I'll never forgive myself. We have to find her." he said.

Felicia sighed, but she did follow Albus. "How?" she asked.

"We can use a tracking spell to track her wand. She'd never leave without it, but I don't know the incantation anymore so we have to find that first. Let's go to the library." he said, and they did.

***

Albus performed the tracking spell and took Felicia, with great caution, as he wasn't a very good flyer, on a broom and followed the compass his wand had made. It seemed to head for Malfoy Manor.

"Did they catch her?" Felicia yelled over the wind.

Albus, making sure not to lose his balance, answered. "I think so. She'd never go there on her own accord, would she?" he said.

They descended and landed in the property of the Malfoys. No alarm went off, which Albus figured was because these Death Eaters had a strong sense of 'We're superior'. Suddenly he heard a voice from behind them.

"Albus, Felicia." it whispered.

***

OMG I am so sorry like I said. And for the shortness of this chapter. And for the cliffhanger. I will update another chapter today, even if it's the last thing I'll do.

Some questions:

Who do you think it is at the end?

What is Quinn doing at Malfoy Manor?

Is Quinn betraying the others or is she held hostage?

Do you still like my book and what do you miss in it?

Love,

Florence