Chapter 46: Defying Gravity? More like Quidditch!

Albus watched as his family played Quidditch. He wasn't much of a Quidditch player himself, but he loved watching it.

The teams were divided properly. Red: Ron, Harry, Quinn, Louis, Lysander, Hugo, Tyler. Blue: James, Annabeth, Mr Malfoy, Scorpius, Lucy, Dominique, Ginny.

Albus cheered for team red, because his best friends were in it. Molly was commentating. "The Quaffle is released, and the game begins! The ball is taken by Mr Malfoy, who passes it to Scorpius. He flies past but the Quaffle is intercepted by Lysander! He goes the other way but the Bludger aimed by Hugo hits him and the Quaffle is in Annabeth's hands! She throws it to Mr Malfoy, who passes it to Scorpius, to Annabeth and through the hoop! Blue leads Red by 10 points! The ball is thrown back into the game and Quinn passes it to Hugo, who passes it to Tyler and they score! Lucy is scowling!"

Next to Albus, Aunt Hermione was cheering for Ron with this song that sounded very mocking but had a sweet text to it. Some Weasley is our King thing. Albus smiled.

"10-10 and the game is continuing. Wait a minute, do I see gold fluttering? No, wait that's just my imagination. We are back in the game! Quinn is racing and ducking for the Bludger and aims the Quaffle but it is stopped by Lucy!" She throws the Quaffle to Mr Malfoy, and in a nice back-and-fro way they pass the others and aim! No! Stopped by Ron! Don't get too excited, Aunt Hermione, it's just a game. Jeez. Anyway, Annabeth is racing after Scorpius to get the Quaffle back, but a Bludger hits her! Ouch, that arm might be in pain, Annabeth, bless your soul. Another point for Red by Quinn! 20-10 for Red! Mr Malfoy is racing to Victory but the Quaffle is rudely intercepted by Hugo! He throws it to Quinn but the Quaffle is taken by Scorpius instead, He aims a long shot and... scores! 20-20! The Quaffle is thrown to the other side and Hugo catches it. He tries to throw it again but fails and it is back in the hands of team Blue! Mr Malfoy and Scorpius, together with Annabeth make sure the ball gets to the right side, aim, but miss! Uncle Ron stops the Quaffle yet again! Quinn catches it from Ron, throws it to Tyler and they make a nice teamwork to get to the other side where they score! 30-20 for team Red! I have not yet seen the Golden Snitch but it probably won't take long before that blasted thing is to cut through. You know, the team that catches the Snitch earns a 150 points which often causes them to win! I don't even know why I'm telling you this because you- Red scores again! 40-20! That Bludger is going to hit someone, Lysander."

With a loud thud Quinn was hit in her back, and Albus made a run for it. He really didn't want her to get hurt. She seemed alright, just in a little pain and unable to continue, so Lily was in. Albus picked Quinn up and carried her inside.

"Don't worry, Al, I'm fine!" she croaked, but Albus placed her on the couch.

"I'll get you tea." he said, and she smiled. He put on the kettle and walked back to the couch and sat on the small edge next to Quinn. "So, we haven't really discussed it, have we?" he said, and Quinn laughed.

"Do we? I'm quite sure we're a couple now, aren't we?" Albus nodded and kissed her. The small click announced the water was hot, so Albus took it off and made two cups of tea and brought them to Quinn. They sat in silence, sipping cinnamon tea, for a fairly long time.

***

Red had won in the end, and Hermione seemed to be the happiest about it. After Ron, obviously. It was only a little bit old people dating. Dinner was served by Ginny and Audrey, with some help of Mrs Malfoy. Albus and Quinn ate it at the couch, for Quinn was still having a bad back. To Albus, nothing could get better.

After dinner Albus carried Quinn upstairs to his room, as Rose had asked if she and Scorpius could share the room Rose and Quinn used to sleep in. Albus was more than fine with that. After he had carried Quinn upstairs he left to the Living Room for something he passed Scorpius and Rose's room, where the two were talking.

"You've got to be kidding me. She really said that? But that's so weird, I mean, she has a boyfriend!" Rose exclaimed, and Albus could hear Scorpius shush her.

"I know, but she said she was completely crushing on me and thought I liked her because I helped her clean her broom when she flew into the mud the other day. You know I was just being nice!" Scorpius said, and Albus started to wonder who 'she' was.

"I can't believe it. Have you told Lorcan? I mean, it's mean she and him are still going out even though she likes you? Are you sure that's what she told Roxanne? I mean, you might've overheard wrong?"

"No, I swear she said that. Lily has a thing for Slytherins, it seems. But it doesn't matter because I  don't like her and I love you." Albus heard footsteps approaching so he walked on to the living room to get his stuff and ran back upstairs afterward. He kissed Quinn goodnight before he went to sleep himself. 

***

Phew, that took a bit longer than I expected. This is not the last Chapter! I will probably write 2 more and then we are at the end! This is your last chance to put in any ideas or suggestions as I will not write another sequel to this story. As I've said in the previous chapter you can read more of my work by clicking on my profile picture or name.

In any case tell me what you think!

Love,

Florence

(And that's a wrap for today)