Chapter 16: A Fight in the Library

Albus and Quinn hurried into the forest, silent but quick. Fred went into the forest far, and Quinn grabbed Albus' hand. Albus felt his hand tingle but ignored it and focused on Fred. Then, behind them, a twig snapped. Both Albus and Quinn jumped in fright. A figure seemed to approach. Albus - and Quinn afterwards - quickly took out his wand. The figure turned out to be a girl.

"Hello?" she said, and Albus and Quinn came in sight. "Who-who are you?" the girl asked, and then she noticed the wands. "Sticks? That's your weapon?" Albus and Quinn looked at each other. "Who are you?" She asked again. "I'm not going to hurt you, take down your silly twigs."

"A Muggle..." Albus whispered, and the girl raised her eyebrow.

"Well, Hi, A Muggle. Does 'A' stand for something?" the girl asked, and Albus shook his head. He lowered his wand.

"We should probably go.." He said to Quinn, and they ran off quickly. When they were away from the forest, they stopped, panting. "What is that Muggle doing here?" Albus asked.

"How should I know, we're in the middle of um.. Nowhere!" she said, still clutching onto Albus' hand. "And we still don't know what Fred was doing." She said, and she sighed.

"Wanna drop at Hagrid's?" Albus suggested, and Quinn nodded. They walked a short way to the hut, and knocked on the door.

It opened quickly, and the old, hairy half-giant stood in the doorway, leaning onto a large stick, err, branch. "Albus! Quinn! Haven't seen yeh in a while! C'min, C'min." He said, and the two entered. "D'yeh want tea?" Albus nodded. Two large cups were placed on the table and Hagrid filled them. "Rock cake wi' it?" Hagrid asked, and Albus shook his head.

"We just came for some tea." Said Albus, and Hagrid looked from Albus to Quinn, who was still holding his hand.

"Are yeh...?" Hagrid asked, but Albus and Quinn shook their heads. Quinn quickly released Albus' hand. "I've spoken to yer dad, he's here as a teacher, I was very happy ter see him, yeh know. He and I, we were great friends. Still remember when he was no bigger than a bow truckle, he was." Hagrid said, as Albus and Quinn sat down. "So, have yeh done anything interes'ing la'ely?" Albus shrugged.

Quinn chuckled. "Mostly drama. I wish things could be like in first-year, you know. Sixth year is stressing me out." she said, and Albus agreed.

After a long talk with Hagrid it was about time to return to the castle, and time to sleep. Quinn and Albus therefore went to their own dorms.

***

The next day started as an extraordinarily normal one. Starting off with Herbology, in which Professor Longbottom made them takenotes. After Herbology they had Transfiguration, and the students were to transfigure mice into bars of gold. It would be hard to recognize as fake, but there always was a little trick. Albus sat next to Quinn and they talked about the Muggle in the forest.

"What was she doing in the Forbidden Forest?" Albus asked, and Quinn shrugged, waving her wand at the mouse in front of her.

"I think she might live in one of the small villages near Hogsmeade."

"Quinn, what do you call near? Those villages are at least 20 miles away!"

"Well, what was she wearing?" Quinn asked, and Albus shrugged. "She was wearing blue trousers with a grey top and a black shirt. And she was wearing hiking shoes. Besides, what if Fred was meeting her? We were initially following him." She stated. "Then again, why would he meet up with a Muggle.."

"Mr Potter, how is your transfigurating going?" McGonagall said sternly, and Albus cleared his throat.

"Aureus!" he said, waving his wand. The mouse flickered a golden shade, but nothing more happened.