Chapter 14: Dumbledore's Wise Advice

Albus needed advice and he knew who he would ask for it. So, he hurried to the bar painting he always met Dumbledore and Severus. Yet, before he reached it, someone called out to him.

"Albus!" Exclaimed Dumbledore, and Albus turned to the painting he was in. "I was in a painting with a view of the Black Lake with the Christmas Ball and I saw you kissing Tyler! You're like me!"

Albus felt his face turn bright red. "It wasn't what you think it was."

"So you weren't kissing?"

"Yeah, we were, but I'm not gay. Tyler is. I'm not." Albus stammered awkwardly.

"I had that phase too, just ignoring it altogether." Dumbledore said.

"I'm not gay!" Albus exclaimed. "Tyler is, my sister saw our kiss and now the whole family knows he's gay and some even think I'm gay, but I'm not, and Tyler won't come out and Quinn and I are fighting and both she and Felicia say the other wants the other to stop talking to me and Quinn is dating Fred and it confuses me because I think I really like Quinn but maybe it's just friendship and Death Eaters are rising and Scorpius is talking to me again and I just don't know what to do!" Albus said, and he dropped down to the floor.

"Oh, Albus, it will be okay. Half of those feelings are just teenage hormones. About Tyler not coming out, he's afraid. The huge come out to your family was probably really hard for him, so it might take a while. I never truly came out. Just to Grindelwald, who wasn't into it. As for Quinn, say you were stupid, I read in a magazine that girls love to hear that. The Death Eaters I can't really help you with, but if you guys know more I might be able to. Scorpius is probably very brave on the inside, so you shouldn't stress about that either." Dumbledore said, and that calmed Albus a little. He smiled and took a deep breath.

"Thank you, Dumbledore."

"Oh and Albus, follow your heart. It knows who you love, and they are the most important." Dumbledore said, smiling. Albus nodded and got up again.

"Thank you, again. I think I know what to do. I have to tell Quinn I was stupid and about Scorpius." He said, and he made his way to the Gryffindor common room.

Evening had struck when he arrived, and people were in the Great Hall for dinner, so the common room was nearly empty. The only ones there were Tyler and Luke. They were sitting on the couch and Albus quietly walked up the stairs to his dorm. They didn't notice him. He grabbed some things and left to get dinner. When he returned Tyler and Luke still sat on the couch by the fire, and this time Albus heard them talking and laughing clearly.

"So then, he set fire to the salad!" Luke said, and they both laughed.

"My dad is not that cool. He usually tells me to be perfect. Good grades, I don't have them. Pretty girlfriend nope. Spot on the Quidditch team, neither. It annoys me. That's why I don't intend on telling him about the k-" Tyler stopped, to Albus' relief.

"The what? Oh, it doesn't matter. Thing is, my dad really liked Anna, but I don't think I really like her. I think I-err I think I like..." Luke stopped too, and Albus got curious who Luke liked.

"Who?" Said Tyler, but Luke stared into the fire. "Are you going to tell me?"

Luke whispered something, but Tyler nor Albus could understand it.

"Who?" Tyler asked again, and Luke looked at Tyler, and Tyler was still looking at Luke. Albus switched his gaze from Luke to Tyler, when Luke leaned in, and kissed Tyler.

That took both Tyler and Albus by surprise. Albus even gasped, and clasped his hand over his mouth, but Luke and Tyler looked at him.

"Hey." Said Albus, and Tyler got up.