Chapter 37: So Close to Admitting

*Albus' Point of View*

Albus, Tyler and Quinn returned to the Burrow andwere glad that the mood had lightened. However, when they neared the Burrow a sudden explosion of rain came over them, which might have been the reason. Some say Summer brings people closer, but when everyone is attacked by sudden rain, it does the trick twice as good. The old games were pulled out of the cupboard and there were many rounds of Exploding Snap and Gobstones. Albus however, decided on reading a book. Quinn and Rose were being girls, that being they were busy with nail polish, and Tyler was in a conversation with Scorpius. At some point it was time to have dinner, so the whole group sat down at the table. Dinner was nice. One thing Albus missed when at Hogwarts was his Grandmother's cooking, for it was one of the best things in life, in his opinion. After dinner half the children were sent to bed, and Albus found himself in the living room with Rose, Scorpius, Tyler and Quinn. Most of the adults were having some tea and coffee, so their talk was quite private.

Albus turned to Rose. "When are you going to tell him?" He asked, and Rose shrugged.

"You know my dad, the second I tell him, I'll be grounded for the rest of my life." she answered, and chuckled. Scorpius, who sat next to her, looked to the dinner table, where Uncle Ron was having a deep conversation with Harry, and quickly kissed Rose on her cheek, which took her by surprise.

He smiled. "You have no idea how long I wanted to do that." he said, and she blushed.

"Be careful, my dad'd kill me if he found out that we're actually dating." she said, and suddenly the room went really quiet. "Uh-oh."

"Rose? What did you just say?" Ron said, his voice angry. Rose looked at Scorpius. "Are you dating that Malfoy?" he asked. Rose slowly shook her head. Clearly she didn't want to share that. "You're not? Then who were you talking about? Clearly you said 'we're actually dating'." he said, and he walked towards them.

Harry interrupted. "Ron-"

"No, I'm just genuinely interested who she's dating." he said, and Albus could hear Rose swallow. She looked to Scorpius, and cleared her throat.

"Well- I'm not dating Scorpius, I-"

Tyler interrupted. "She-err. She's dating me." He said, and everyone looked at him.

Rose agreed with his plan. "Yeah. Dad, I'm dating Tyler." she said.

Ron shook his head. "Rose, Tyler's gay. That means he likes boys. Clearly, you are not a boy."

"No, Dad, I'm actually dating him." she said, as she took Tyler's hand.

Ron threw his hands in the air. "Okay. So.. Tyler. You're not gay?" he asked, and Ginny rolled her eyes.

"Ron, don't be so thick, please. Finish your tea." she said, and Ron grumbled, but he did return to the dinner table. When all the adults returned to their talk, Rose and Tyler released each other.

"Thanks for saving me, Tyler." she said, and Tyler nodded.

He chuckled. "It's fine. They probably all think I'm bi now." he said, shrugging, which made the five laugh.

"So, Rose," said Quinn, as she lowered her voice, "when are you going to tell them?"

Rose shrugged. "I have no clue." she said.

***

The next morning the news about Rose and Tyler had spread quickly. However, the interest in it was lost quickly after what happened in the afternoon. A part of the family was out to a little Muggle market, while the rest remained at the Burrow doing what they usually did. Albus was finishing the last three pages of his book when the floor shook.

"What's happening?" he asked, and he looked outside. The sky was grim, and Harry came rushing down the stairs.

"I want you all to take the Floo to Hogsmeade. That's far away enough. Hurry!" he said, shoving everyone to the chimney. Quickly the room was filled in green flashes of the fire, and it was almost Albus' turn, when he remembered that Quinn was still upstairs, possibly asleep. She always slept really deep so she might've thought it was just some thunder. He ran upstairs, skipping every second step, and tried the door. It was locked. He looked at the lock. Luckily, it was a rather new lock, which Albus could open with the use of a coin. It was something James had taught him when they were little. His hands shook as he pressed the coin in the slit and turned it. It worked. He quickly opened the door. Quinn stood inside, her back to Albus, in nothing more than a pair of underpants as she was clipping her bra. Albus closed his eyes and yelled, "Quinn!"

"Jesus, Albus! I'm pretty sure I locked the door!" she yelled back.

"You have to come downstairs! We're in danger!" he yelled.

She yelled back: "Well, I'm half-naked! Could you maybe get me in five minutes?"

"NO! We have to go now!" he yelled, and deciding she wouldn't hurry up otherwise he opened his eyes, and saw that Quinn was still trying to clip her bra. He ran towards her and clipped it for her, ignoring her 'Albus! What are you doing!' Then she started rummaging in her trunk. "We don't have time!" Albus yelled, and he picked up a shirt and a random pair of pants that was lying on the floor and gave it to her. "Put this on!" she did, and then she started looking for shoes.

"Damn it! Where is my other converse!" she yelled, but Albus decided they didn't have time for this either so he picked her up and carried her downstairs. There, Albus saw Harry, Ron, Hermione, Teddy, Ginny, George and Bill warding off a couple of Death Eaters that had appeared. He ran into the chimney and threw down the powder.

"HOGSMEADE VILLAGE!" he yelled, and his vision went black as he and Quinn disappeared into green flames.

***

Albus opened his eyes again and carried Quinn out of the chimney on the other side. There, he placed her down again. A couple of screams that they had arrived were heard, and Albus dropped himself on the floor. On his left, Rose sat on Scorpius' lap, for Ron wasn't near and pretty much the whole rest of the family did take the hint that they were together, and Quinn dropped herself on his right, still wearing one shoe. "You. Saved. Me." she panted.

Albus was too tired to answer. Albus noticed she was shivering, so he took off his jacket and draped it over Quinn's shoulders. She leaned onto Albus' shoulder. Only then Albus took the liberty to look around where they were, and it occured to him that they had arrived at Hogsmeade Village, next to the Three Broomsticks, which was closed. And when things couldn't get worse, it started to rain.

***

Hey! I hope you all have holidays now, I have, and I'm currently in the south of the Netherlands, in Limburg at my Aunt's place, currently with very grim weather but without rain. Although I do think that the rain will come real soon.

Tell me what you think, ideas, anything else, if you want you can even hate over the fact that Quinbus still hasn't happened. Also leave a vote, but you make me happier with a nice comment. =) Also I know this was a short Chapter, but I'll make it up to you later.

Love,

Florence.