Chapter 11: The Annual Family Quidditch Match

The morning of the New Year everyone was in a great mood, for they all felt like 'a New Year is a new start'. Albus and Felicia grew closer, as Quinn and Fred were hanging around together all the time, and Tyler was mostly sitting alone, reading. Nobody spoke to Tyler about the thing, but he was happier at the Burrow than at home, for he knew his father would never accept him being gay. His father, Oliver Wood, used to be a good friend of Albus' father, Harry. Tyler was supposed to be picture perfect: he should have a good spot on the Quidditch House team and he should need a nice girlfriend. He didn't have either. Tyler said he suspected his dad would kill him if he knew, so he wasn't ready to tell him.

When the entire family went off to Diagon Alley, Albus, Felicia and Tyler were allowed to stay home. So, Tyler sat in their room reading, and Felicia and Albus were hanging around in the living room - after chatting for a few hours - watching a movie.

"Do you think Tyler will be okay?" asked Felicia, and Albus shrugged.

"He doesn't know the family knows, so I s'pose." he answered.

"Shouldn't you tell him?" she asked, and Albus shook his head.

"I don't want to get him any more troubles. Can we just, like, continue to watch the movie?" he said, and Felicia sat up.

"Al, calm down, he'll be fine, you just said it." said Felicia, and she kissed him.

Albus broke the kiss. "I should go and talk to him."

"No, you don't" he said, and she kissed him again. This time, Albus went with it. He wrapped his arms around her, and deepened the kiss.

"We're home!" exclaimed Ginny, and the pair stopped kissing. "Hey there!" said Ginny, as she entered the room. "Do you guys need anything? Cookies, popcorn?"

Albus shook his head. "We're just going to go upstairs now." he said, and took Felicia's hand and pulled her after him. They sat on his bed for a while, then Albus spoke again. "Hey, umm. I think were about to play our annual Family Quidditch Match. Let's just go downstairs." Albus said.

Albus had been right. They were about to pick teams. Victoire and Teddy wouldn't play, as Victoire was very pregnant.

"Alright. I'm the captain of team Red." Said Fred, and he looked around at the crowd of Weasleys, Potters, Scamanders and the others. "To make it fair and square, James the captain of the other team. I'm the Keeper, he's the Seeker. I'm going to pick first. Quinn, you're my Chaser."

"Alright. I want Chris on my team as my Chaser." Said James. Both did as they were told.

"Okay, I want Lorcan and Lysander as my Beaters." Stated Fred.

"That's not fair! But now I get to pick two as well, so I pick Hugo and Louis. For Beaters." Said James, annoyed.

Albus looked over to Tyler. According to talent, he'd be chosen soon.

"Molly. Seeker." Said Fred, and Albus could see the disappointment in Tyler's eyes.

In the end, the teams were as following:

Blue: Fred (Keeper), Molly (Seeker), Lorcan & Lysander (Beaters), Quinn, Lily and Dominique (Chasers)

Red: James (Seeker), Lucy (Keeper), Hugo & Louis (Beaters), Chris, Roxanne & Albus (Chasers)

Everyone got ready and the adults stood next to the field to watch.

"Alright teams, here we go!" Exclaimed George, before he threw the Quaffle in the air.

"Alright people, the Annual Family Quidditch Match, team Red versus team Blue. Quinn and Dominique are soaring across the field and Quinn scores! Lucy did not keep the Quaffle from going through the hoop. The Seekers are not yet in action, but Quinn is soaring to the hoops again but she misses! Roxanne caught the Quaffle and throws it to Chris who scores!"