Chapter 22: Tyler Tells His Dad

Albus woke up because of people whispering. He rolled over to see who they were. Tyler and Luke.

"Morning." Albus whispered, making both jump.

"God, Al, you have to stop doing that." Tyler said, and Albus grinned. He sighed and got up to get dressed.

As he walked down the stairs he saw that Quinn was sitting by the fire with Fred, James in the corner of the room, glaring at them. Albus walked to his brother.

"What's the matter with you, sour-face?" he asked, and James looked at him.

"Annabeth broke up with me and Fred doesn't want to prank her new boyfriend. And only because he's so busy with your best friend." he grumbled, and Albus nodded.

Albus shrugged and continued walking, hungry for some breakfast. He started his long way down to the Great Hall, when he ran into Felicia.

"Albus! I wanted to talk to you." she said, and Albus rolled his eyes.

"Why?"

She sighed. "I want to say I'm sorry. For telling Quinn that she told me she would attack me, and for attacking you in the library, and for all the other things I did. But Al, I'm not bad. My parents split up when I was really young and Ervin went to live with my dad, but my mum was in France the day we broke up, so I had to live with my dad for a while. He's a menace, and told me that if I didn't help Ervin he'd kill me, and this time, he really did tell me." she said, and she sounded convincing. "Albus, I'm not saying we should be together again, as I understand you don't want to after I attacked you and nearly set your hair on fire, but can we please be friends again? Rose is too busy with Scorpius, and the others never really talked to me. You were the first to be nice to me. Can you please remember that day on the train? Think about being friends again?" she said, and Albus thought about it.

She would be a great help to the team against the Death Eaters, sounded convincing, and Albus had actually missed her a little bit. But that could also have been because of all the happy couples in his friend group. And, as he looked in Felicia's eyes, he could note sadness in her bright blue eyes. So, he nodded.

"Alright. I believe you." She wrapped her arms around her, nearly knocking him off balance.

They continued walking to the Great Hall, where not many people were sitting yet, as most people had their breakfast at 8, though Albus preferred to eat a little earlier. He sat down with Felicia.

"What made you say sorry?" he asked, and Felicia blushed.

"I got jealous of you and Quinn. I really did like you, Al. Even though I was really mean. I just thought that because you and Quinn were friends for so long, I really wouldn't stand a chance. And I'm sorry."

Albus chuckled. "You know, if you say it like that, I can really forgive you. I'm sorry too, for being oblivious. I didn't see you were jealous." he said, before stuffing his mouth with some toast with bacon.

***

A bit later Tyler and Luke entered. Tyler looked nervous.

"Tyler, what's wrong?" asked Albus.

He sighed and said: "My dad is going to come over here for some kind of conference nearby and he wanted to see me tomorrow."

Albus looked at him expectantly. "So..."

"So Tyler's going to tell him about us. That he's gay." said Luke, and Albus let out a whistle.

"See, now I get why you're nervous." said Albus, when Tyler's eyes landed on Felicia.